Cash and Banks AssistantApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Treasury Assistant reports to the Treasury Supervisor and is responsible for monitoring the daily cash flow, performing bank reconciliations and cash applications as well as payments. The job holder is also responsible to ensure transactions are timely and accurately performed in compliance with Company policy and legal requirements.
• Process AR transactions (cash applications) and ensure they are booked in the correct customer accounts.
• Accurately process all payment types for all companies under EIMEA GFS A/P. Including daily postings, management of the error file (Z-file), maintaining accurate records for SOX, and assure payments are made timely and discounts are taken when appropriate.
• Prepare manual payments, whenever requested, like staff payroll, taxes, advance payments to guarantee that all payments are timely and correctly done and legal obligations are met;
• Perform all treasury activities, ensuring compliance with Sox controls and company policies and procedures.
• Research – Research and resolve payment issues with A/P Group , A/R group and the bank
• Projects - Works on special projects as assigned and helps with system testing.
• Account reconciliations – Prepare month end account reconciliations to the general ledger, of the clearing accounts
• Other duties as assigned – Perform other accounts payable duties or assignments as requested
- Required Skills
• University degree in Business, Finance, Management or similar;
• Minimum 1 year of experience in an accounting, treasury or finance environment
• Good knowledge of spoken and written English
• Good knowledge of Excel
• Advanced business systems knowledge. Preferably Prism / Procurement, JDE and SAP.
• Ability to work with a team, take general directions from manager’s, focus attention to details, follow work needs, and adhere to established work schedules.
• Ability to organize, schedule, and prioritize individual work to meet various schedules and objectives.
• Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy and maintain confidentiality
- Job Location
- Mindelo, Porto, Portugal
- Position Type