Chief AccountantApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The CHIEF ACCOUNTANT reports to Record to Report Senior Team Leader and has to ensure that Financial & Statutory Statements of the company’s managed are correctly prepared for Statutory, USGAAP and Tax Guidelines.
Additionally, has to support the Management of the companies on Financial, Tax and Legal matters.
The Principal duties of the Chief Accountant are:
• Prepare Monthly Accounts, in compliance with USGAAP and Statutory GAAP accounting principles and company procedures , within the timelines set in cooperation with Management and other functions;
• Monthly, Quarterly and Year-End Financial Reporting to European Accounting Team;
• Ensure that Financial Statements give a true and fair view of company’s business;
• Ensure that Statutory Annual Accounts and Tax Returns are filed in on time in cooperation with local tax advisors;
• Responsible for all Other Statutory and Tax Filings required for the entity (e.g. National Statistic questionnaires; VAT Declarations, …;);
• Responsible for all the journal entries in the accounts and guarantee that all the supporting documentation are in place;
• Perform the internal controls in compliance with SOX Requirements;
• Management of Intercompany recharges and Netting;
• Preparation of cost centre and fixed asset budgets in cooperation with management;
• Authorization of Payment runs when required;
• Other tasks as required.
- Required Skills
ADDITIONAL PREFERENCE QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong USGAAP Experience and Knowledge;
• Transfer Pricing Experience;
• Knowledge of SOX and internal controls related with Financial Reporting;
• Demonstrate experience of delivering finance systems improvements;
• Excellent written and spoken French.
- Job Location
- Mindelo, Porto, Portugal
- Position Type