Financial System AnalystApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
Supports Operations Business Partnering and Costing Functions.
Perform and improve, under supervision, reporting and management accounting period close responsibilities, Inventory and Yield Loss reporting, trend and variance analysis, standard cost processes, projected unit costs and margin analysis. Utilize and understand existing complex Excel spreadsheets and databases. Assist in the development of ongoing process improvements that leverages existing opportunities and contributes to value creation.
- Prepare regular performance reports.
- Assists in Inventory and Manufacturing Reporting and Analysis.
- Supports Management presentations.
- Assists in period close Cost Accounting tasks.
- Supports in the development of ongoing process improvements and Data validation.
- Verifies accuracy of data, make corrections, reconcile discrepancies, improve general ledger linkages to detailed transactions, and improve the integrity and internal control of data, systems, and processes.
- Performs the necessary bookings in the GL and propose manual adjustments if necessary.
- Utilizes and understands existing complex Excel databases to perform multiple tasks of verification.
- Interacts with ERP system to extract, calculate, review, and propose corrections. Utilizes and develops delivery tools for variances for RM price and usage, labor and overhead, efficiency and spending and volume.
- Assists in the coordination, development, and streamline of processes. Multiple cross-functional plants, IT and accounting to ensure projects are completed with quality, timeliness, and on budget. Utilize and then begin developing multiple tools for delivery and review of data by multiple plants and multiple business units.
- May work with cost allocation process development team to design databases that enable more accurate allocations to business units to drive cause/effect relationships between business decisions and results.
- Required Skills
• Comfortable with Excel;
• Attention to detail;
• Degree in Finance/ Accounting;
• Positive and enthusiastic team player and developing leader;
• Respectful, Loyal and Dedicated;
• Effective interpersonal, communication and relational skills;
• Good organization skills;
• Good spoken and written English
Strong IT skills:
• Strong desire and initiative to learn and develop Microsoft Excel Knowledge
• Strong desire to develop competency in system query skills, data mining, and database creation
• 1+ year related experience in medium and large blue chip multinationals;
• Expert in Management Information, Business Analysis;
• ERP system experience;
• Industry internship experience;
• SAP, Prism, JDE, and/or Hyperion system experience;
• Microsoft Access (a plus);
• GAAP knowledge and experience.
- Job Location
- Mindelo, Porto, Portugal
- Position Type