Global Travel & Expense ManagerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world’s biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
We are currently looking for a Global Travel & Expense Manager to join our Finance team. So if you are organized, motivated and have great analytical & problem solving skills, please read on as we might have a new challenge coming your way!
The successful candidate will directly report to the Global Finance Services Mindelo Director and will be responsible for the global travel and expense program, owning and driving both the daily operations and the global strategy for the program. Overview of responsibilities:
• Provide strategic leadership to develop and implement global T&E initiatives that reduce travel costs, mitigate risk, streamline process and improve service to travelers.
• Manage the T&E team for North America and EIMEA.
• Manage the Global Concur Administrator.
• Provide strategic direction and consultation for teams administrating T&E globally (NA, EIMEA, LA, and AP).
• Primary owner of the Global Travel & Expense Reporting Policy.
• Manage global relationship and performance for travel management/expense/traveler safety/commercial card vendors.
- Global T&E Program Management
- Management of global travel and expense program, including travel reservations and payment, corporate cards, expense reimbursement, and travel safety;
- Lead development and execution of risk mitigation and audit strategy and associated reporting & metrics;
- Understand the T&E industry, stay current with latest technology innovations designed to improve traveler experience, understand business requirements, set overall targets such as risk, satisfaction, safety, efficiency, environmental impact, and cost;
- Manage relationship and performance of global T&E vendors including travel management company, expense reporting tool, commercial card provider, and duty of care provider;
- Present management with global travel reporting inclusive of spend, budget, trends (benchmark industry standards), savings and compliance;
- Work with sourcing partners to strategize and augment global vendor agreements specific to travel management, commercial card, expense reimbursement and duty of care. Work with sourcing partners to strategize and augment regional vendor agreements specific to airfare, hotel accommodations and car rental programs.
- Policy & Process
- Management of global travel and expense policy and compliance;
- Drive continuous improvement of travel and expense program and processes such as travel booking, payment, approval and reimbursement, and duty of care (traveler safety & security management);
- Identify opportunities for improvement of controls, cost, efficiency and service, ensuring compliance with internal control requirements.;
- Work with cross functional partners on the development, implementation and communications surrounding policy changes to reflect applicable regional laws, external and internal reporting requirements, constraints, strategies, policies and processes;
- Identify and execute global travel cost reduction and rebate optimization initiatives.
- Expense Management
- Provide global consultation and direction to T&E teams in Latin America and Asia Pacific;
- Ensure successful administration of H.B. Fuller’s expense reimbursement process and corporate card program (T&E cards and PCards).;
- Ensure expense reimbursement is completed in accordance with established Company policies, procedures and statutory requirements;
- Oversee quarterly SOX certification process;
- Ensure successful corporate card management including card issuance/cancelation, credit limit adjustments, payments, and cardholder support;
- Ensure successful administration of H.B. Fuller’s expense reimbursement system, Concur, to improve effectiveness and efficiency;
- Ensure effective management of Concur related projects and system testing.
- Travel Systems Administration
- Ensure successful administration of H.B. Fuller’s travel related systems including online booking tools (Egencia, Argo IT, ZCTS, Ctrip), and traveler tracking (UHCG TSM). Update tool configuration to reflect changes in H.B. Fuller travel policy, configure messaging/alerts/reporting to travelers and business partners as required.
- Team Development
- Discuss and establish personal development plans with direct reports consistent with the company’s development management program;
- Set clear goals and objectives that align with corporate and NASS initiatives;
- Frequent communication to ensure group goals/objectives is delivered;
- Manage travel tracker, being responsible for monitoring and managing the process.
- 4 direct reports responsible for T&E audit administration and Concur system administration.
- Required Skills
- BA or BS in Accounting/Business;
- 8+ years’ experience in Travel Management/Finance Operations/Finance Shared Services/Strategic Sourcing;
- 3+ years’ experience managing and developing others;
- Experience with travel program management, corporate card administration and/or expense processing and reporting;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all levels of the organization, cross-functional, global team members and travel partners. Demonstrated ability to challenge and persuade;
- Advanced analytical skills and logical thought processes with the ability to identify and resolve complex issues / problems and to provide solutions;
- Must possess strong oral, written and presentation communication skills to be able to inform and influence;
- Experience in designing, documenting and implementing strong processes and systems in complex global organizations;
- T&E software implementation and/or administration experience;
- Strategic thinking;
- Process-minded; demonstrates operational excellence;
- Strong interpersonal skills to train, coach and support users and global team members, have a customer oriented approach;
- Ability to apply judgment to balance policy with achievement of business objectives and customer experience;
- Able to travel occasionally.
- Strong knowledge of travel and expense industry, suppliers, supplier operations and source selections;
- Knowledge of Duty of Care – traveler safety and security management;
- Experience with supplier relationship management;
- ERP Experience (SAP,JDE)
- Job Location
- Mindelo, Porto, Portugal
- Position Type