Inside Sales Business Development Manager - French SpeakerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Inside Sales Business Development Manager (ISBDM) at H.B. Fuller will be responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities as well as partnering with assigned Account Managers to successfully close business.
The position is responsible for establishing and identifying potential customers primarily by telephone and other web based tools. Key activities include consistently executing on a regular and agreed upon call cycle with potential customers; skillfully adding value by applying sales skills to the conversation to identify the needs of the customers with the goal to meet those needs with H.B. Fuller products.
This role spends a significant amount of time on the telephone and working on email to identify and to qualify potential customers with the goal of developing and closing new business. ISBDMs must be resilient, energetic, and able to engage potential customers in valuable discussions that underline the value H.B. Fuller can bring to their operations.
Develop a robust pipeline of potential H.B Fuller customers in order to secure new business.
• 40-50 outbound calls/day.
• Record all customer conversations in CRM.
• Meet the targeted levels of customer meetings (telephone meetings).
• Meet the targeted number and value of new business opportunities in pipeline.
• Ensure all potential customers view HB Fuller as a partner by providing professional sales representation and excellent service.
• Gain customer support and acceptance by engaging in technical discussions to determine requirements and expectations, then effectively explore product and service solutions.
• Influence and gain alignment with both external and internal key decision makers and influencers at all levels of an organization.
Identify and develop new business using tools such as LinkedIn, to include:
• Cold calling, market research and lead sourcing.
• Through verbal and written communication, determine business requirements and expectations.
• Identify decision maker(s), influencers and develop relationships.
• Develop, enter and update opportunity process in CRM.
• Closure of new business, including pricing recommendation and contact development.
Partner with HBF Account Managers to coordinate customer site visits to run line trials and/or audits.
Has latitude to determine best approach to develop leads to meet established sales targets. At times, receives general instructions with flexible guidelines. Failure in selling could result in decreased sales and profits to H.B. Fuller.
Exerts strong influence on decisions affecting this general function. Deals with people at all levels within both customer accounts and the internal organization. Drives customer problem resolution, leveraging experience, HBF departments and resources. Contacts are made primarily via phone and through electronic media. Disclosure of confidential data accessible to this job would have adverse effects internally and externally, and could result in major losses to H.B. Fuller.
- Required Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical/mechanical or marketing field (or equivalent experience).
• 2-4 years professional sales experience, driving new business opportunities with multiple technical product lines/families. Preferably in the industrial chemical industry.
• Demonstrated experiences in sales, prospecting and new business development.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to develop and deliver effective presentations through electronic mediums.
• Ability to influence via phone, identify and gain access to decision makers, develop and close sales.
• Strong computer competency with high MS Office suite proficiency, database experience and other internet based software.
• Ability to sell at all levels within organizations.
• Proven experience & ability to work independently as well as in team environment.
• Well organized, process and data driven, producing accurate and timely reports, etc.
• CRM Skills
• SalesForce.com experience
• Advanced consultative sales skills
• General office environment
• Time spent on phone: Five or more hours daily
• Occasional travel (10%)
General office environment. Offsite customer calls as needed. Occasional attendance at industry trade shows, conferences, etc. Work is done primarily electronically and on the phone (90%).
Mental and Physical Requirements:
Mental activities require continuous interpersonal skills, selling, customer service, initiative and independent judgment and/or independent action; frequently using decision making, basic math, discretion, creativity, teamwork, and problem analysis, and occasionally using negotiation, and presentations/training.
Physical activities require continuous hearing, talking and sitting; frequent feeling, fingering, handling and repetitive motions of hands/wrists; and occasional standing, and walking. Position may carry and lift up to 5kgs. Position requires continuous visual demand 75% - 100% of the time.
- Job Location
- Mindelo, Porto, Portugal
- Position Type