Inside Sales Team ManagerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Inside Sales Team Manager (ISTM) at H.B. Fuller will be responsible for driving positive outcomes of key sales indicators with the Inside Sales Team including revenue, contribution and gross margin through coaching & managing key performance metrics
The successful ISTM will be a hardworking and creative self-starter, with a proven track record in sales, sales coaching and team engagement. The ISTM will be responsible for driving and maintaining a high-energy atmosphere in line with the company values which will support the department to achieve its company objectives while establishing and identifying potential customers primarily by telephone and other web based tools as an individual contributor. This role spends a significant amount of time on the telephone and working on email to identify and to qualify potential customers with the goal of developing and closing new business.
The ISTM must be resilient, energetic, and able to bring out the best in team members while also engaging potential customers in valuable discussions that underline the value H.B. Fuller can bring to their operations.
Inside Sales Team Leadership
• Lead, motivate, recognize and performance manage the Inside Sales team members to assist them in reaching their sales goals
• Assist and coach Inside Sales team on sales strategies and mentor team as a “player coach” to drive discovery of customer needs by role modeling best practices and daily interactions.
• Be the go to person for the Inside Sales team to get information and remove obstacles
• Facilitate and drive compliance with Salesforce.com Insidesales.com and other business systems to document activity and progress.
• Meet and exceed team sales targets.
• Able to adjust course when appropriate new ideas, objections or feedback is raised.
• Collaborate across sales teams and internal partners to drive sales process forward.
Has latitude to determine best approach to develop leads to meet established sales targets. At times, receives general instructions with flexible guidelines. Failure in selling could result in decreased sales and profits to H.B. Fuller.
Exerts strong influence on decisions affecting this general function. Deals with people at all levels within both customer accounts and the internal organization. Drives customer problem resolution, leveraging experience, HBF departments and resources. Contacts are made primarily via phone and through electronic media. Disclosure of confidential data accessible to this job would have adverse effects internally and externally, and could result in major losses to H.B. Fuller.
- Required Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical/mechanical or marketing field (or equivalent experience)
• 1-3 years of years of direct supervisory experience in a sales organization, preferably as part of an Inside Sales Organization.
• 2-4 years professional inside sales experience as an individual contributor, driving new business opportunities, revenue retention as an account manager with multiple technical product lines/families. Preferably in the industrial chemical industry.
• Demonstrated experiences in sales, prospecting and new business development
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to develop and deliver effective presentations through electronic mediums.
• Ability to influence via phone, identify and gain access to decision makers, develop and close sales.
• Strong computer competency with high MS Office suite proficiency, database experience and other internet based software.
• Ability to sell at all levels within organizations.
• Proven experience & ability to work independently as well as in team environment.
• Well organized, process and data driven, producing accurate and timely reports, etc.
• CRM Skills
• SalesForce.com experience
• Advanced consultative sales skills
• General office environment
• Time spent on phone (10% to 20%)
• Occasional travel (10%)
General office environment. Offsite customer calls as needed. Occasional attendance at industry trade shows, conferences, etc. Work is done primarily electronically and on the phone (90%).
Mental and Physical Requirements:
Mental activities require continuous interpersonal skills, selling, customer service, initiative and independent judgment and/or independent action; frequently using decision making, basic math, discretion, creativity, teamwork, and problem analysis, and occasionally using negotiation, and presentations/training.
Physical activities require continuous hearing, talking and sitting; frequent feeling, fingering, handling and repetitive motions of hands/wrists; and occasional standing, and walking. Position may carry and lift up to 10lbs. Position requires continuous visual demand 75% - 100% of the time.
- Job Location
- Mindelo, Porto, Portugal
- Position Type