Process EngineerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The Process Engineer reports to the Production Manager and has primary responsibility for driving productivity and process improvements in manufacturing in Mindelo. This is an important position, where innovative thinking and sound engineering principles must be applied to drive continuous improvement year over year. The Process Engineer will work closely and collaboratively with other functions in the facility and across the EIMEA region to deliver value to our customers through manufacturing excellence.
Drive productivity and process improvements in manufacturing in our Mindelo, Portugal facility.
Lead continuous improvement initiatives on site to deliver year over year improvements in productivity, yield and quality. Apply innovative thinking, sound engineering principles, and continuous improvement tools and methodologies, including Lean and Six Sigma principles, to deliver step change results.
Promotes EHS and Quality and ensure that the quality and safety rules are followed consistently reflecting improvements, corrective actions and any other inputs on the SOPs related to Production;
Work collaboratively with other functions in manufacturing, supply chain, R&D, sales, marketing and finance to develop manufacturing innovations and process improvements that will deliver value to our customers.
Lead new product introduction / scale-up and raw material acquisition, as well as product transfers from or to other sites.
Troubleshoot manufacturing problems, document and address issues with timely corrective actions.
Actively bring in new ideas and manufacturing concepts & processes by visiting customers, suppliers, attending trade shows, training, visiting other HBF sites, technical magazines, etc... to support a learning environment and culture
- Required Skills
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering or Process Engineering and a minimum of 3 years work experience in process or applications engineering: or
• Master of Science in Chemical Engineering or Process Engineering and a minimum of 3 years work experience in process or applications engineering;
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate and optimize manufacturing processes, including process design and development.
• Project management experience, including the demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
• Proven record of high standards in EHS to ensure a safe working culture.
• Experience in Lean and Six Sigma methodologies with special focus on problem solving and root cause analysis;
• PHA or HAZOP analysis
• Very good spoken & written English
• Minimum 3 years work experience in the adhesives, specialty chemical or closely related industry.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working with Emulsion Polymers, Water Based Adhesives, Hot Melts and Solvent Based Adhesives.
• Knowledge of adhesives manufacturing equipment.
• Project management training or certification
• Lean Six Sigma training or certification
• Office / Site – Mindelo
- Job Location
- Mindelo, Porto, Portugal
- Position Type