Senior Costing AnalystApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world’s biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
We are currently looking for a Senior Financial Systems Analyst to join our Finance team. So if you are organized, motivated and have great analytical skills, please read on as we might have a new challenge coming your way!
Using advanced knowledge of systems and data, the successful candidate will develop advanced ongoing processes for manufacturing analysis that leverages existing opportunities and contributes to value creation. In addition it will perform and improve management accounting period close responsibilities, standard cost process development, variance analysis, projected unit costs and margin analysis as well as support Business Partners and FP&A Teams with timely and accurate data and being SOX compliant.
- Manufacturing Analysis
- Research underlying files in ERP system to develop and administrate databases in Microsoft Office tools of Access, Excel, or AS400 Query, to calculate actual unit cost variances from standards.
- Utilize, develop and administrate advanced delivery tools for variances for RM price and usage, labor and overhead, efficiency, spending and volume.
- Design and develop tools to deliver data and information to plants and business units. Partner with plants to improve analysis and build understanding of cost, margin, and value creating opportunities.
- Raw Material Analysis.
- Develop and administrate databases that analyze raw material price changes and impacts on business for making proactive decisions around customer pricing and business strategy.
- Develop and administrate databases that analyze business initiatives, segments, and impacts on business for making proactive decisions around business strategy.
- Gross Margin Analysis.
- Develop and administrate databases that analyze gross margin and impacts on business for making proactive decisions around business strategy.
- Work closely with cost allocation process development team to design, develop, and administrate advanced databases that enable more accurate allocations to business units to drive cause/effect relationships between business decisions and results.
- Monthly Close.
- Perform advanced tasks efficiently and accurately in the monthly close process to verify accuracy of data, make corrections to data, reconcile discrepancies in inventory, improve general ledger linkages to detailed transactions, and improve the integrity and internal control of data, systems, and processes.
- Make suggestions for improvements that are consistent with market best practices.
- Serve as the backup of the Costing Supervisor.
- Projected Costs.
- For a given product line, lead the cross-functional process of calculating projected unit costs for new products and estimates. Administrate and develop processes in Excel and Access to facilitate cross-functional development of projected product unit costs.
- Inventory Counts.
- Partner with Operations to plan, coordinate, monitor and evaluate controls, and ensure execution of the physical counts and cycle counts at retail stores, production facilities, and distribution warehouses.
- Standard Cost Development.
- Coordinate, develop, and streamline processes for calculation of standard costs.
- Develop and administrate databases used to speed up the process and ensure accuracy of data.
- Interact with ERP system by feeding budget information and parameter assumptions to system for rolling up unit costs.
- Develop multiple tools for delivery and review of data by multiple plants and multiple business units.
- Required Skills
- College degree, with major in Accounting, Finance, MIS and/or CMA/CPA;
- Five or more years related experience in accounting/finance/MIS;
- Two or more years of experience in manufacturing accounting/finance field;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and relational skills;
- Positive and enthusiastic team player and effective leader;
- Good organization skills.
- Strong IT skills: Experience with ERP system or strong MIS training, Microsoft Office Tools (Excel spreadsheet design skills, strong Access database development, design, and querying skills);
- Competency in database system development, administration, query skills, re-engineering concepts, systems integration, data mining, and database creation.
- Five or more years of experience in manufacturing accounting or finance;
- SAP Costing experience;
- Manufacturing variance analysis experience;
- Activity based costing and standard costing methods;
- Cost Allocation and database design;
- Interacting with multiple levels of management;
- Visual Basic Access experience or strong desire to learn how to utilize when beneficial;
- Supply Chain Management or Operations experience, exposure, or interest.
- Office environment but occasional travel by plane or car might be requested;
- Extensive computer work;
- Position may require physical activity such as filing of documents and carry office equipment like laptop computers;
- Exposed to manufacturing facility environments
- Job Location
- Mindelo, Porto, Portugal
- Position Type