Supply Chain and Operations Reporting SpecialistApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The Reporting Specialist should be passionate about data and technology.
He / She should be curious and the kind of person that is willing to challenge the status quo. Work and solving problems with questions will be considered as a positive attribute.
Need to be driven by an ambition to improve reporting and analysis and bring fresh, innovative ideas and new approaches to the company.
Our objective is to provide usable information that drives corrective action and improvement, the ability to translate raw data into practical and smart visualization is therefore key.
Within Supply Chain, we care about service level, candidate needs to see all colleagues as customers when creating something for them.
Business and operations needs are always a priority, the candidate must be a developer, creating new views that will challenge the company and specific departments to improve and add value in daily tasks, such as critical reports and projects for regional/global use and this will require cross regional interaction. (e.g. optimization projects)
Expertise in advanced Excel, SQL and Business Objects is expected and some knowledge of existing HBF Data Services would be valuable.
The working environment will be fun, demanding and requires self-initiative
Some other detailed tasks:
• Responsible for the constant improvement of Data Services through self-developed ideas and optimize the experience for all users
• Has critical communication with senior level personnel up to and incl Global VP and must be able to demonstrate communications through all levels of the organisation
• Since the reporting development is expected to driving process changes within the function – additional skills in change management are critical to ensure not only end user acceptance but also end user mindset change
• Provides data for Sales, Customer Service, Finance, Logistics, Operations, Data Maintenance, Pricing, Quality, Sourcing, Asset Planning and for individual executives
• Troubleshoots all major issues within an agreed time frame
• Responsibility for high level data quality
• Works independently of regular supervision
• Communicates effectively across organizational lines to inform on new features/reports/developments as well as bugs/issues and downtime.
• Conception of new reports based on the needs of internal customers
• In addition will work with Finance Group to develop projected cost models from Sourcing data for Financial Planning purposes
• Maintenance, enhancement and optimization of the ETL process
• Design of new reports and maintenance of existing reports and schedules
• Training sessions
• Selection of external Consultants based on their experience/skillset and coordination of their work for HBF
• Management of external tools that are based on data out of the ETL
• Works closely with different departments to create new concepts for reports based on the needs and requirements of internal customers
• Assists internal customers to correctly define their requirements based on the reporting possibilities and their individual needs
Data Services (Back end)
• maintains the import of the raw data from the source systems like PRISM and SAP with support from BI
• programs the transformations of all datasets and creates the logic needed in the reports
• Designs the database architecture maintaining normalization
Reporting (Front End)
• Designs new reports based on new requirements
• Changes/Enhances existing reports with new data and/or graphs
• Controls the quality of data and consistency of the reports to ensure that the tool can be trusted
• Troubleshoots and investigates all anomalies in the reports to explain/resolve them
• Creates and does trainings on basic navigation up to how to create and
• Trains new team members on Back End architecture to support this role
• Programs external tools to support different functions with additional functionality that In-House reporting systems cannot meet
- Required Skills
• Economics, Engineering, IT or similar Degree.
• 3+ years of solid working knowledge of Operations, Sales, Planning, Logistics, Customer Service, Finance and all linked processes.
• Basic Operational Process Knowledge, either gained through a technical basic degree, external training or a minimum of 12 months on the job training in a technical function in the chemical industry is very helpful.
• Fluent in English + a second European (preferable) language.
• Fully conversant PRISM (or similar) and SAP, especially:
o Creating and running own queries
o Understand the table structure and how they are joined
o Understand the workflows linked to above mentioned departments within the ERP systems
• Microsoft Visual Basic advanced level
• Microsoft Excel Expert level
• Strong SQL skills
• Demonstrable abilities in: change & project management, & team work
• Good communication skills within all levels of the organisation.
• Able to withstand pressure.
• Excellent organization & time management skills.
• Ability to take ownership of a project & make timely informed decisions.
• Significant business travel may be expected
• Significant time spent seated working on computer
• After office hours and weekend readiness necessary
• Office environment will be normal place of work – no specific location
- Job Location
- Mindelo, Porto, Portugal
- Position Type