Account Manager Durable AssemblyApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We, at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principals about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The Account Manager position is expected to grow and retain HB Fuller's market share and customer base in key market segments while achieving profit sales targets. The Account Manager is expected to:
• Demonstrates an ability to communicate and influence at all levels;
• Technically competent and independently able to manage demonstrations and technical problem-solving;
• Focused on growth (larger opportunities), and optimizing price and profitability;
• Accountable for delivering results; and
• Ability to train & mentor entry / new sales roles
• Accountability for results
• Customer focused – creating value
• Demonstrates functional excellence
• Demonstrates business acumen
• Embraces change and innovation
SALES COMPETENCIES & BEHAVIORS
• Negotiating: Negotiates more complex situations within and outside of the organization. Thoughtfully develops creative solutions that satisfy all parties.
• Growing a sales territory: A solid understanding of business, financials, products/services, the market and the needs of assigned accounts; may help to develop colleagues' understanding of business and other development needs.
• Presenting: Comfortably presents to a broad and diverse group, maintaining group focus and appropriately responds to unrehearsed questions. Progresses agenda.
• Questioning / Listening: Actively listens to others; asks appropriate questions indicating interest in customers’ business with broad knowledge of the subject; focuses without interruption; evaluates verbal statements and nonverbal behavior to gain insight; responds appropriately in a non-judgmental manner.
• Communicating: Delivers accurate, clear, and concise messages. Presents an open persona that encourages even the most reluctant person to express his/her views. Demonstrates the ability to recognize when others are having difficulty understanding his/her messages and adapts style appropriately.
• Prospecting: Applies effective techniques, promptly establishes connection with key contacts at new prospects with relevant messaging, assesses needs / interest and prioritizes in own pipeline activity.
• Being a team player: Seeks to work with teams. Encourages people with opposing viewpoints to express their thoughts. Assumes accountability for team goals.
• Technical knowledge of products & services
o Applies problem-solving skills using technical knowledge, and is able to independently, technically support customer
• Sales Process & Sales Tools
o Creates advantage through deep understanding of customer needs and accelerates sales process by selecting the right opportunities
• Trends in market & industry
o Has a broad understanding of markets and industry, and frequently weaves knowledge into conversations with customers
• Supply chain
o Is able to optimizes offer for the customer and HBF by creatively using supply chain knowledge
• Equipment & application process
o Able to recommend basic improvements to customers' processes
o Has broad working knowledge of multiple substrates with advantages and disadvantages of each
• Business Acumen
o Consistently applies pricing strategy to achieve margin goals
o Has broad understanding of all key business concepts
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
• New business development activities, which represents >30% of time.
- Required Skills
• 4 year college degree, with a technical/mechanical, marketing, or chemistry background preferred
• 5+ years of relevant sales experience; related industry and B2B experience, preferably with a chemistry background.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel.
• Travel time depends on size/geography of the territory.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Job Location
- Mont Saint Aignan, France
- Position Type