Electrician - Master MechanicApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Seneca (Morris), IL
Master Mechanic (Electric)
The Maintenance Electrician reports to the Facility Technical Engineer and has primary responsibility on repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as electric, motor, pneumatic, conveyor systems, production equipment and plant support machines. This position uses the knowledge of PLC controllers and Yokogawa DCS, computer networking, and HMI to perform the following responsibilities:
- Observes automation in operation and troubleshoots to locate root causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special function and structural parts in devices.
- Troubleshooting of automated machinery.
- Responsible for adhering to all Good Manufacturing Practices GMP rules.
- Initiates work order for parts for machines.
- Programming of PLCs, HMI’s, Yokogawa DCS
- Familiar with Arc Flash regulations
- Familiar with Lock out, Tag Out, and Try procedures
- Performs work in a safe manner, and is responsible for following all safety policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot electrical panels and components.
- Assist Facility Engineer in design of improvements and new installations
- All other duties as assigned.
- Works mandatory overtime as required
- Recommends and maintains all electrical equipment on site and works with Facility Technical Engineer and Purchaser on buying electrical supplies and components
- Must have an high school diploma or GED, prefer Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent education from a two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 + years of related experience in Electrical Field
- Ability to read and interpret verbal and written documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, P&ID’s, Instrument loop diagrams
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to communicate effectively to Associates and contractors
- Successful problem solving skills involving concrete variables in standardized situations
- Knowledge with Oulook
- Knowledge in PLC, HMI, Yokogawa, and DCS
- Ability to work overtime if required
- Manufacturing or Industrial experience
- Programming experience
- Familiarity with SAP
- Computer literate
- Understand electrical
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to stand and frequently required to walk, climb stairs, use hands to remove or lift boxes, stretch and reach with arms extended, and stoop. The employee must, regularly, lift and / or move up to 60 pounds, alone, and occasionally lift and / or move more than 100 pounds, with assistance. Ability to operate fork trucks, scissor lifts, and articulating boom equipment.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Required Skills
- Job Location
- Morris, Illinois, United States
- Position Type