H.B. Fuller employees click here to apply for current openings.
Environmental Health Safety Manager - EHS
Morris, Illinois; Chicago, Illinois;Apply NowApply Later
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives and sealants across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Excellent opportunity for an Environmental, Health, Safety professional to learn new skills, lead safety education, and improve processes at H.B. Fuller! Join our growing team!
The Facility Environmental, Health, Safety, Security, & Sustainability (EHSS&S) Manager reports to the Site Plant Manager (and to the Regional EHSS&S Manager) and has primary responsibility for management of the EHSS&S program and processes at the H.B. Fuller Seneca, Illinois site.
Position Title: EHS Manager
Location: Seneca, IL. This is a site based position.
This individual will be primarily responsible for ensuring that effective compliant programs are in place for the facilities, meeting company policies and goals, and implementing the corporate EHSS&S program.
- Individual will be heavily involved in program implementation and maintenance.
- Comply with Federal, State, Local and Internal requirements.
- Operate in a manner that minimizes safety and health risks and company liability.
- Support the completion of facility corrective and preventive actions.
- Safety Duties and Responsibilities include implementing and maintaining the corporate employee safety management system within the plant.
- Assess training requirements and needs, implement, conduct/coordinate and maintain safety training plan for the plant.
- Facilitate or lead accident investigations on work-related injuries and near miss events, establish, and implement associated corrective and preventative actions.
- Ensures that appropriate personal protective equipment is specified, and system is in place to provide PPE to plant employees.
- Design and assist in auditing plant processes and procedures to ensure employees have the training and tools necessary to perform their job safely.
- Ensure plant has functioning emergency response processes and teams as required: (First Aid, firefighting, spill team (HAZWOPER) and committee).
- Drive, maintain, and promote a positive safety conscious culture throughout the facility.
- Maintain relationship with local medical and emergency services providers.
- Review facility capital and process change plans to promote best physical design for EHS&S.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable environmental permits(FESOP, NPDES, TRI, Tier II), regulations, and programs. Arrange for required sampling, complete inspections, create and submit reports accurately and on time, and keep records organized and accessible for inspection.
- Responsible for the profiling, storage, shipment arrangement and management of hazardous and special wastes. Involvement in customer product return to the facility.
- Supply sustainability data and support goals established as a part of the program.
- Conduct and/or coordinate training of personnel to comply with regulatory requirements such as hazardous waste management, storm water pollution prevention plans, spill prevention control and countermeasures plan, air permit, and waste minimization.
- Obtain and maintain updated information and local contacts on applicable environmental issues.
- Understand and assist in assessing facility exposures including the ability to recognize, assess, and advise on control of chemical and physical hazards (noise, heat, etc.) related to facility processes is necessary.
- A good understanding of the hazards of the chemicals the facility uses, process flow, as well as applicable TLVs and/or PELs is necessary. Working knowledge of exposure control methods and ability to advise facility personnel on appropriate hazard control is necessary.
- Industrial hygiene duties and responsibilities include developing & maintaining site qualitative employee health risk assessments, chemical lists, and maintaining hygiene plans.
- Collect samples, under the direction of Regional or Corporate EHS&S, using simple IH equipment (sound level meter, passive dosimeters, etc.), if necessary.
- Record, report, and distribute information collected after assessments.
- Advise facility personnel on possible hazard control improvements after assessments:
- Issue maintenance requests for improvements as necessary.
- Advise on protective measures during the implementation of new processes or product changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science & Safety or relevant fields of study.
- 5+ years working in an EHSS&S focused role in a chemical processing environment.
- 5 + years experience managing OSHA, EPA, NFPA, DHS, RMP.
- Responsible Care, PSM, and other applicable regulations knowledge.
- 5 + years managing projects with effective project management skills
- Facilitated In-house training on a variety of EHSS&S topics in accordance with EHSS&S management objectives.
- Facilitated Accident and Incident Investigation and Analysis as per EHSS&S management directives and operational requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An understanding of the application of systems to safety (VPP, OHSAS 18001, IIPP)
- Excellent leadership and training skills
- Aware of US based security regulations
- Ability to travel up to 10% supporting other locations as needed and the corporate compliance audit and assessment program
- This employee is expected to spend a significant portion of their time outside on the property and on the plant, floor engaging with employees and working on safety improvements.
- Frequent walking, standing and climbing stairs is required.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. unassisted, although infrequent.
- Will work in a chemical manufacturing environment
Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, and geographic location.The salary for this role is $90,000 - $120,000.
In addition to your salary, H.B. Fuller offers employees a competitive total rewards package including comprehensive benefits, incentive and recognitions programs, health & wellness benefits, 401K contributions, paid time off and paid holidays. Eligibility may vary.
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and proud to have created a collaborative culture where employees around the world are seen, heard, and respected. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or marital status or status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected classification.
H.B. Fuller does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms. To conduct business with H.B. Fuller, a written service agreement must be executed by Human Resources prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. Without a signed service agreement, H.B. Fuller shall not be obligated for payment of any fee or compensation.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.