Process EngineerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Seneca, IL and willing to relocate qualified candidates
Process Engineer with PSM experience in a manufacturing environment
The Process Engineer reports to the Plant Manager and will provide technical and production leadership to plant facility. This position will work closely with the Technical Manager.
This position provides solutions for manufacturing problems, helps implement projects to reduce cost, provides training on process changes and is responsible for technical and production aspects of the manufacturing process and associated equipment. This includes continual improvement in all key performance indicators. Including:
- Provides consultation, analysis, evaluation, and review of problems regarding methods and equipment, material handling, layout and material flow.
- Provides alternative solutions to anticipate or actual technical related manufacturing problems to continually optimize production operations to maximize the efficiency and on-stream-time of the manufacturing equipment.
- Develops KPI metrics/monitoring systems and tools to drive efficiency improvements and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Leads safety training, conducts behavior-based safety audits, and provides a strong safety presence in the plant.
- Works through the Facility Technical Manager to conduct thorough/appropriate non-conforming product and customer complaint investigations necessary to identify root causes and effective corrective/preventive actions to continuously reduce the amount of off-spec production and customer complaints.
- Develops and reviews standard operating procedures to meet ISO9001 and PSM requirements.
- Attends training and certification to configure and troubleshoot DCS and PLC systems, including their connected HMI displays (DCS, and Control Logix PLC)
- Must have 5+ years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Needs a bachelor’s degree in engineering (chemical, mechanical, or electrical preferred).
- Must have well-developed interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must have experience effectively interacting with both laboratory and/or manufacturing personnel in product scale- up or process optimization efforts.
- Training and black belt leadership experience in Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- AutoCAD experience
- OSHA PSM, PHA's, PSSR's, MOC, etc. experience
- At least seven years practical process or applications engineering experience in industry
- Knowledge of the adhesive industry (manufacturing processes, equipment, substrates, test methods, and chemistry).
- Financial analysis capabilities and experience in demonstrating value of engineering proposals.
- Statistical analysis expertise including database querying (SQL) and statistical process control (SPC)
- Process controls experience and application
- Process Safety analysis experience and application
- Experience with effectively interacting with R&D and plant personnel, OEMs, and internal functional groups.
Employees are eligible to receive benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Job Location
- Morris, Illinois, United States
- Position Type