Manager Sr I, Strategic SourcingApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We, at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
Strategic Sourcing Managers are responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies to provide business-building innovation, assurance of supply, superior cost management and uncompromising stewardship. This role will have responsibility for all Sourcing/Procurement activities and deliverables for the concerned spend area. Key responsibilities include development and implementation of sourcing strategies, delivery of cost savings through commercial and technical project management and effective supplier relationship management. Management of both internal x-functional and external relationships is important on a day-to-day basis with an eye for long-term growth.
The Manager will focus their view of the business and the supply chain to include what is necessary to effectively manage his/her Sourcing spend, while ensuring needs and actions are in line with global sourcing strategies. Furthermore, the horizon of the Manager will focus on the life of the projects he/she is responsible for, while keeping an eye on the future. This horizon is typically 1-3 years. This position will report to the regional sourcing director.
This role, and every role in H. B. Fuller’s Global Strategic Sourcing organization, strives to deliver against three primary business needs:
1) Supply Assurance
2) Deliver Best Total Value
3) Creating and delivering innovation to the company – both commercial & technical.
• 70-90% Sourcing
• 10%-30% Sourcing Support
• 0% Transactional – System Work
Sourcing: Development and implementation of sourcing strategies with cross-functional teams to include the analysis of emerging technologies, supplier capability analysis, supplier relationship management, long-term supply:demand models, should cost analyses, etc.
• Identify and deliver savings projects ongoing.
• Develop and manage all supplier relationships within his/her are of responsibility on a day-to-day basis.
• Possibly lead global spendpool team(s) for development of global and/or regional sourcing strategies as assigned.
• Analyze markets routinely to create accurate cost forecasts for the assigned spendpools.
• Identify emerging technologies and trends and determine how to create value in the supply chain.
• Negotiate commercial agreements with suppliers to ensure supply, control pricing, and mitigate risk.
• Build strong network within H.B. Fuller Sourcing and other functions around the globe.
- Required Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or Supply Chain and 5+ years of related experience
• Demonstrated strong desire and innate capability to learn.
• Skills: Excellent written and verbal skills in English, Leadership Capabilities, Interpersonal Skills, Problem Solving, ability to effectively communicate/influence/manage change, anticipates and responds to change with ease and agility, seeks solutions to strengthen quality/value/service/efficiency.
• Training Provided: 2 week Sourcing Skills Training each year, policy trainings throughout year, system overview training to be knowledgeable but not necessarily proficient. Plus any training specific to the role required for proficiency. Ongoing training and growth of every employee is encouraged and supported.
• Travel: Domestic and international = 20-60%, short notice is possible.
• Demonstrates proficiency in the following competencies:
• Accountability for Results: Demonstrates a bias for action – translates goals and objectives into actionable plans and results.
• Fosters Change and Innovation: Seeks solutions that strengthen quality, value, service and effectiveness. Respectfully challenges the way “things are done” and supports others in doing so.
• Creates Value for Customers: Anticipates and responds to market trends and opportunities. Delivers on promises made.
• Demonstrates Business Acumen and Business Agility: Knows the specifics of the business. Engages in effective operational and strategic planning.
• Responsive to Change: Refocuses efforts in a positive “how can we get this done?” manner
• Models Collaboration &Commitment: Focuses on team success before individual success
• Demonstrates Operational Excellence: Continually looks for new & better ways to get things done
• MBA or Graduate degree in technical field
• Professional experience in sourcing or related function
- Job Location
- Nienburg, Germany
- Position Type