Senior Strategic Sourcing ManagerApply NowApply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We, at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
Global Sourcing Managers are responsible for developing and executing complex and global sourcing strategies to provide business-building innovation, assurance of supply, superior cost management and uncompromising stewardship. Key responsibilities include development of sourcing strategies, delivery of cost savings through commercial and technical project management and effective supplier relationship management with strategic suppliers. Management of others is expected as a Senior Manager, while also managing complex internal x-functional relationships and relationships with critical suppliers – typically global suppliers.
This Senior Manager role will require a global view of the business and the supply chain to include all facets of the business and markets. Experience working for multi-billion dollar corporations with presence in all regions is required. Heavy focus on work experience in Germany with US centric multi-national companies is also required. Furthermore, the horizon of the Senior Manager must be considering the needs and opportunities 3 to 5+ years in the future, while taking care of the current business needs.
This role, and every role in H. B. Fuller’s Global Strategic Sourcing organization, strives to deliver against three primary business needs:
1) Supply Assurance
2) Deliver Best Total Value
3) Creating and delivering innovation to the company – both commercial & technical.
• 70-100% Sourcing
• 10%-20% Sourcing Support
• 0%-40% Organizational Leadership & Guidance
• 0%-20% Transactional – System Work
• Sourcing: Development and implementation of global, complex sourcing strategies with cross functional teams to include the analysis of emerging technologies, supplier capability analysis, supplier relationship management, long-term supply:demand models, should cost analyses, etc.
• Understand and appreciate the responsibilities for all direct reports.
• Participate in industry associations on behalf of H.B. Fuller.
• Identify and deliver savings projects ongoing both individually and via direct reports.
• Develop and manage all supplier relationships within his/her are of responsibility on a day-to-day basis, plus coach direct reports in their relationships.
• Lead global spendpool team(s) for development of global sourcing strategies as assigned.
• Analyze markets routinely to create accurate cost forecasts for the assigned spendpools.
• Ensure respective spend is fully documented and traceable in the system(s).
• Identify emerging technologies and trends and determine how to create value in the supply chain.
• Lead global projects, that will most often be have x-functional participation, in any of the key sourcing areas (e.g., raw materials, packaging, tolling, other indirect, systems).
• Utilize Total Cost of Ownership tools to deliver best total value.
• Negotiate commercial agreements with suppliers to ensure suppply, control pricing, and mitigate risk.
• Be an expert in contractual negotiations and business consequences linked to contracts.
• Build strong network within H.B. Fuller Sourcing and other functions around the globe.
• Ensure compliance with law and regulations for relevant sourcing activities under his/her charge and compliances with applicable corporate policies and procedures, including Delegation of Authority, Decision Authority, H.B. Fuller Code of Conduct, and any sourcing policies such as Ethical Conduct, Conflict of Interest, etc.
Managers and associates. Global reporting lines are not desired, but possible.
Spend Estimate: > $40M
- Required Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Fluent in German and English.
• 5+ years Global Sourcing Experience with multi-national manufacturing companies
• Worked for at least two multi-national, multi-billion dollar companies with global headquarters in the United States. Most recent active work experience, as described, must be within the past two months.
• In-depth working knowledge of petro chemical markets beginning upstream of steam crackers and progressing through polymers and tackifying resins. Must be able to define and articulate sourcing strategies reflecting historical and current market conditions, and subsequently create a roadmap for creating best total value for the company.
• Travel: Domestic and international, willing to travel 80-90%, short notice is possible.
• Certified experience providing basic and advanced classroom training to large groups in Sourcing topics such as Negotiations, Contracts, Sourcing Strategies, etc.
• Possess existing relationships with senior management at world-class petro chemical companies in every region.
• Well versed in business practices for western European countries, United States, Brazil, & China, etc.
• Skills: Demonstrated experience leading global x-functional teams, demonstrated success nurturing/growing/managing direct reports and collaborative teams, excellent written and verbal skills in English and German, other languages desired (e.g., Spanish/French), Leadership Capabilities, Interpersonal Skills, Problem Solving, ability to effectively communicate/influence/manage change, anticipates and responds to change with ease and agility, seeks solutions to strengthen quality/value/service/efficiency.
• Training Provided: 2 week Sourcing Skills Training, Policy trainings throughout year, System overview training to be knowledgeable but not proficient, and management of teams & individuals. Plus any training specific to the role required for proficiency.
• Demonstrates proficiency in the following competencies:
• Accountability for Results: Demonstrates a bias for action – translates goals and objectives into actionable plans and results.
• Build and Lead Effective Teams: Attracts and retains the best people. Invests in people to ensure organizational success. Actively manages Performance.
• Fosters Change and Innovation: Seeks solutions that strengthen quality, value, service and effectiveness. Respectfully challenges the way “things are done” and supports others in doing so.
• Creates Value for Customers: Anticipates and responds to market trends and opportunities. Delivers on promises made.
• Demonstrates Business Acumen and Business Agility: Knows the specifics of the business. Engages in effective operational and strategic planning.
- Job Location
- Nienburg, Germany
- Position Type
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.