Sr Strategic Sourcing Manager - PackagingApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We, at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principals about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
Strategic Sourcing Managers are responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies to provide business-building innovation, assurance of supply, superior cost management and uncompromising stewardship. Key responsibilities include development of sourcing strategies for assigned spend pools/categories, delivery of cost savings through commercial and technical project management and effective supplier relationship management. Management of both internal x-functional and external relationships is important on a day-to-day basis with an eye for long-term growth.
The Manager will focus their view of the business and the supply chain to include what is necessary to effectively manage their respective spend, while looking for adjacent business opportunities. Furthermore, the horizon of the Manager will focus on the life of the projects he/she is responsible for, while keeping an eye on the future. This horizon is typically 1-3 years and is primarily about taking care of the current business needs. This position will report to the appropriate level manager/director within the sourcing team.
• 70-90% Sourcing
• 10%-30% Sourcing Support
• 0%-20% Organizational leadership and guidance
• Develop and manage sourcing strategies for assigned spend pools/categories.
• Demonstrate proficiency performing strategic sourcing, contracting, category management, and SRM activities for assigned spend pools/categories.
• Effectively lead multiple (cross-functional) projects simultaneously, that will most often be have x-functional participation, in any of the key sourcing areas (e.g., raw materials, packaging, tolling, other indirect, systems).
• Lead delivery of Sourcing training internally.
• Contribute to innovation, ideation, commercialization. Can generate new product, process or method concepts.
• Supervise, motivate and control the Sourcing team, setting priorities for team, holding themselves and others accountable for delivering on objectives.
• Develop and manage all supplier relationships within his/her are of responsibility on a day-to-day basis.
• Negotiate commercial agreements with suppliers to ensure supply, control pricing, and mitigate risk.
• Build strong network within H.B. Fuller Sourcing and other functions around the globe.
• Ensure compliance with law and regulations for relevant sourcing activities under his/her charge and compliances with applicable corporate policies and procedures, including Delegation of Authority, Decision Authority, H.B. Fuller Code of Conduct, and any sourcing policies such as Ethical Conduct, Conflict of Interest, etc.
- Required Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science or equivalent, and 5+ years of related experience
• Demonstrated strong desire and innate capability to learn.
• Demonstrated proficiency in technical and business communication.
• Skills: Excellent written and verbal skills in English, other languages desired, Leadership Capabilities, Interpersonal Skills, Problem Solving, ability to effectively communicate/influence/manage change, anticipates and responds to change with ease and agility, seeks solutions to strengthen quality/value/service/efficiency.
• Travel: Domestic and international = 20-40%, short notice is possible.
• Demonstrates proficiency in the following competencies:
• Responsive to Change: Refocuses efforts in a positive “how can we get this done?” manner
• Individually Accountable for Results: Focuses on work effort that is strategically
aligned and has impact
• Models Collaboration &Commitment: Focuses on team success before individual success
• Demonstrates Operational Excellence: Continually looks for new & better ways to get things done
• Demonstrates Effective Self-Management : Values guidance while assuming responsibility for development
• Professional experience in a supervisory/managerial role
- Job Location
- Nienburg, Germany
- Position Type