Engineering Adhesives Quality Control ManagerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
H.B. Fuller’s Engineering Adhesives segment develops adhesive solutions for the automotive and aerospace, wood and composite, electronics and energy, glass, durable assembly, and bus, truck, rail and recreational vehicle industries. As these dynamic markets continue to change, and consumers demand lighter, safer, greener and more reliable products, we partner with our customers to deliver highly engineered solutions.
Engineering Adhesives Quality Manager
The new Engineering Adhesives unit at H.B. Fuller will be selling into four major market segments: automotive, electronics, new energy, and maintenance and repair operations. These markets require stringent and highly sophisticated quality systems performance.
The Engineering Adhesives Quality Manager is a global role that helps establish and improve our current systems to meet the needs for customers of this new business unit. The role reports to the Yantai facility manager (if based in AP) with strong dotted line reporting to the Global Director of Quality and is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the Quality Management system. This position will ensure that the customer experience and business financial performance are aligned and improved thru the reduction of quality incidents and improvement of quality processes across the business and its functions.
The position will promote awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization and ensure that quality and business processes are defined, compliant and continuously improved.
The position is responsible for the timely containment, investigation, root-cause analysis and implementation of corrective and preventative actions for all quality events internal to H.B. Fuller and complaints that are traced back to our suppliers who utilize our adhesive for applications being delivered to our customers. This position requires hands-on interaction with Technical Service, Sales, Customer Service, Strategic Sourcing, Production, R&D and Supply Chain at multiple levels.
- This individual will be an active leader in development of best-in-class systems and transformational processes across the entire value chain to generate significantly improved quality in our products and services. This revolves around five main pillars:
- Suppliers – Develop a quality management system for suppliers including rating, proactive measurement and improvement; 30%
- Product – Work with the technical team to design in quality and control inputs to achieve more reliable application performance; 10%)
- Manufacturing Process – Increase discipline in process effectiveness using statistical techniques, process control systems, in process testing and processing instructions; 30%
- Customer Service – Develop processes to increase customer satisfaction and reliably deliver for customers; 10%
- Quality Systems – Put in place umbrella systems that conform to customer standards 20%
- Work directly with Operations to ensure manufacturing processes and distribution methods, are in compliance and constantly improved using a continuous improvement process.
- Lead process improvement efforts (e.g. Kaizen Blitz events) to identify systematic issues, perform root cause analysis, engage broader teams and implement corrective actions to fix these issues within the organization.
- Collaborate with R&D to improve an understanding of design for quality principles, test method analysis and define critical to quality requirements.
- Collaborate with Strategic Sourcing to define supplier quality requirements and methods to drive compliance to requirements and continuous improvement at the supplier.
- Collaborate with the commercial team to understand and address voice of the customer, and to interface with and influence customer perspective with data and analysis.
- Adopt a periodical reporting system with manufacturing facilities to monitor product and process quality. Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Implement quality metrics and train site quality contacts on monitoring and reporting on assigned metrics. Address issues and trends as identified.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or a similar field.
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in managing people and quality tools and systems in any of the industries that make up the new engineering adhesives business unit listed above
- Experience implementing and/or using ISO9001 and TS16949 quality standards.
- Problem solver/facilitator with an understanding of 8D methodologies to resolve issues
- Experience in supplier quality (audits, selection, scorecards)
- Solid background in statistical process control, variation reduction techniques and DOE is preferred
- Experience with statistical software packages preferred
- Willingness to travel, globally, up to approximately 50% of the time
- Able to work with little supervision using specific goals and objectives derived from both the operation and business units as well as customer requirements
- Fluent in Mandarin and English preferred
- Certification in LEAN and/or Six Sigma preferred
- Bachelors in engineering discipline – Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science preferred
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Norcross, Georgia, United States
- Position Type
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.