Senior Scientist - Electronics AdhesivesApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Engent, a subsidiary of H.B. Fuller, is a provider of advanced electronic research, manufacturing, and development services for the technology industry. From our world-class facilities, Engent’s highly experienced and educated team provides solutions to sophisticated clients that accelerate time to market and enable high volume product manufacturing.
Engent offers a broad array of services to our diverse customer base that support their needs well beyond the assembly process. Engent’s expertise includes advanced assembly, electronics production, and manufacturing product design, as well as analytical, reliability and failure testing. Our approach employs a suite of services that ensures production of the most robust, reliable products on the market. Industries we serve include but are not limited to: GPS/Tracking, Medical Devices, Audio/Video, Aeronautics/Avionics and Civil Services.
Senior Scientist - Electronics Adhesives
H.B. Fuller is seeking an experienced Senior Scientist in advanced development who will be responsible for technically leading and implementing all aspects of assigned materials research and development projects within the Advanced Technology organization in Norcross, GA. Advanced development scientist’s design, develop, and bring to commercial readiness advanced electronics materials technologies. Activities include overseeing development activities within the technology scope, overseeing and mentoring materials technicians, collaborating with process engineers, collaborating with engineering technicians, and similar positions regarding materials development activities and technology, materials development, materials synthesis, materials design, materials qualification, materials control/quality, process capability analysis, test, measurement, and maintenance. Aspects of the job may also require machine or equipment specification, process consulting, materials research, process research, process commercialization, and process installation
The Senior Scientist leads projects that generate new product, process or method concepts leveraging the Stage-Gate process discipline to meet market and business needs. A scientist is a recognized internal expert in their field. They have demonstrated understanding of technology, market and applications that have produced significant new product sales and/or intellectual property that produced tangible benefits for H.B. Fuller. A Senior Scientist is expected to lead technical teams within their area of expertise as well as provide technical leadership to cross-functional business teams. In this position the ability to collaborate and communicate across disciplines, functions and regions is required. This person coaches, mentors and guides research of technical colleagues. They are sought out for their technical expertise.
The Senior Scientist will initiate and lead large global or cross-functional projects with significant business impact, including projects that involve the development of patentable or proprietary technology. Leads projects using project management discipline, design of experiment (DOE) methodologies and statistical analysis to draw conclusions and present solutions based on understanding of structure-property-performance relationships.
Other responsibilities include:
- Acting as an internal technical expert with broad technical knowledge, recognized and sought out by peers, management and project sponsors.
- Delivering significant value to the company in terms of new product sales and/or intellectual property that has produced tangible benefits.
- Generating, and building upon a body of intellectual property (trade secret or patent).
- Meeting research goals within time and budget constraints.
- Providing technical leadership of projects through the Stage-Gate process.
- Representing H.B. Fuller internally and externally through presentations and publications, as well as acting as a link to outside professional and/or academic institutions.
- Coaching and mentoring others in the lab, including teaching DOE and the use of statistical tools for analysis.
- Fulfilling responsibilities as required by the Quality System for the site/business unit.
- May supervisor one or more technical team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 6 years of professional industry experience; OR Master’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 4 years of professional industry experience; OR D. in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 2 years of professional industry experience.
- Experience with electronics adhesives such as underfills, die attach, encapsulants and working knowledge of epoxy adhesive formulation.
- Must understand the electronics market.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and lead large global or cross-functional projects with significant business impact, including projects that involve the development of patentable or proprietary technology.
- Demonstrated understanding of areas of expertise and the applicable competitive landscape, including the ability to map the market space to identify opportunities.
- Experience including a developed a body of intellectual property with a significant financial impact, and continued demonstration of the ability to generate new intellectual property (trade secret or patent).
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management, Stage-Gate, Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical tools, including ability to teach and mentor others.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver internal and external (customer and industry) presentations in a professional manner including acting as a link to outside professional and/or academic institutions.
- Ability to manage, mentor and develop other technical colleagues.
- An understanding of government regulations i.e., DOT, TSCA, FDA, SARA, USDA, etc. that are pertinent to their work.
- An understanding of ISO 9001 and quality management systems
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
- Job Location
- Norcross, Georgia, United States
- Position Type