Process Improvement Manager IIApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Facility Process Improvement Manager
Experienced Chemical Process Engineering Leader from Chemical or Plastics Industry that drive process improvement
The Facility Process Improvement Manager reports to the Facility Site Manager and has responsibility for managing the portfolio of improvement and change initiatives for Paducah. The Facility Process Improvement Manager owns, improves, and maintains the business management systems (BMS) to ensure that product is manufactured and shipped in accordance to customer requirements. Leadership from this position is expected to cultivate and accelerate the site improvement culture.
This individual will be involved in a variety of management, leadership, and technical activities including:
- Lead, develop, and manage the site improvement team that consists of change agent(s), project engineer, process engineer(s), quality team lead, quality engineer, and product chemist.
- Prioritize, delegate, and coach the implementation of improvements for the site; including safety, service, quality, reliability, yield and productivity.
- Lead the evolution of structured problem solving culture, promptly addressed with containment actions, corrective action selection and implementation.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer from product and equipment experts concerning the manufacture of products through all levels of the local organization
- Serve as the single point of contact for site technical matters, improvements, regulatory / customer audits, and program implementation.
- Support daily operations, deploying technical resources as needed to ensure that site operates safely, on-schedule and within budget.
- Ensure timely corrective action with non-conformances, marshalling the facility’s technical resources as needed.
- Lead the implementation of Quality Near Miss / Suggestion program
- Monitor process capability; ensuring that deviations are addressed and changes are appropriately documented and validated via Management of Change
- Manage capital spend and improvement project resources to ensure safe and cost effective installations, reliability in design, and effective implementation.
- Verify, support, and validate recommend process and formulation improvements to new and existing products.
- Assist R&D with writing and scaling-up formulas for production. Validate new formulations.
- As the ISO management representative for the facility, take the lead in the improvement and management of ISO procedures and work instructions.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of manufacturing “best practices.”
- Vigorously enforce safe manufacturing practices and assist in the compliance with all-application safety and environmental rules, regulations and procedures.
- Support new product introduction / scale-up and raw material acquisition
- Support customer service assistance for local sales / technical service, as authorized and agreed to by the sales organization and the Facility Manager
- Assist in process design and development, through project and product stage gates.
- BS/BA Degree in Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering, or other related areas.
- An alternative to a chemistry degree would be any 4-year degree with a minimum of related technical experience.
- 8 + years of prior experience in the chemical industry, with at least 5 + years in a technical management position, or equivalent, is required.
- 5 + years of leadership in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- 5 + years of experience managing multiple projects and competing priorities.
- 3 + years of experience with quality management systems and “Best Practices” procedures
- 3 + years of experience with applications using continuous improvement techniques; TQM, Problem Solving DMAIC, Fault Tree Analysis, FMEA’s, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, and etc.
- 5 + years of experience with Statistical Process Control experience with proven results implementing and managing continuous improvement systems.
- 5 + years of experience with ISO 9001:2008 or ISO 9001:2015
- 3 +years of working knowledge of regulations such as OSHA, NIOSH, RCRA, TOSCA, DOT, etc.
- 5 + years of experience managing quality program management and quality improvement programs.
- 3 + years of experience with SAP or ERP database management systems
- Six Sigma certification, (Green or Black Belt), experience in design for Six Sigma DFSS
- Knowledge, experience and demonstrated results improving process capability, monitored and controlled via a Capability Index.
- Process control experience with the manufacture of Hygiene and Packaging products
- Quality control experience with Hygiene adhesives and familiarity with the Hygiene industry requirements, or FDA requirements.
- Some knowledge of the chemistry involved in the manufacturing of Hot Melt Adhesives
- Prior experience with adhesives
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Required Skills
- Job Location
- Paducah, Kentucky, United States
- Position Type