Production Manager; Paducah, KYApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Location: Paducah, KY
The Production Manager is a critical role to the hotmelt adhesive operation in Paducah, KY. The role reports to the Site Manager and has direct responsibility for managing the daily plant operations to ensure safety, quality, people, delivery and costs standards are met. The successful candidate also implements company policies, ensures coaching, development and team building of the production staff assuring performance goals are achieved consistently. The Production Manager drives zero defect culture in safety, quality and productivity.
Leading others is an important part of this role and direct responsibility includes 4 production shift supervisors, 1 maintenance manager, 1 warehouse manager, and 1 process engineer.
This individual will be involved in a variety of responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Safely deliver products on time, in full with the highest quality at the lowest cost possible while providing a great place to work.
- Direct or coordinate production, processing, distribution, of the site.
- Review production schedules to make decisions concerning staffing requirements, job assignments while considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Develop, maintain an ensure compliance with leader standard work programs (5S, instruction sheets, etc.)
- Develop, implement or interact with production tracking or quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, or other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Hire, train, and provide feedback to staff.
- Prepare and maintain production reports or personnel records.
- Develop budgets or approve expenditures for supplies, materials, or human resources, ensuring that materials, labor, or equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Initiate or coordinate inventory or cost control programs.
- Coordinate or recommend procedures for facility or equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
- Ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Develop skills to troubleshoot and remedy everyday problems (e.g controls, equipment failures, quality issues).
- Develop a cross-trained workforce at all levels in line with organizational development goals
- Support and own the step change and cultural improvements looking to instill a continuous improvement mindset.
- This role is responsible to drive the output required to meet the SIOP plan with the budgeted costs from the annual operating plan.
- BS/BA Degree (engineering or technical degree preferred) and
- At least 5 years of prior experience in the chemical or rubber industry,
- At least 3 years of management experience in manufacturing environment and multiple shifts, budgetary responsibilities of >$5 million and capital projects over $1 million
- At least 5 years of experience with MS-Office and ERP system. Proficient with KPI reporting, cost analysis and presentations.
- At least 1 year of experience in project management
- Experience with ASQ ISO 9000 and direct interfacing with customers regarding quality related issues. Experienced with ISO 14001 and/or ISO 18001 is a plus.
Physical activities require continuous hearing; frequent talking, sitting, and repetitive motions of hands/wrists; and occasional standing, and walking. Position may carry and lift materials weighing up to 50 lbs. While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to stand.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs, use hands to remove or lift boxes, stretch and reach with arms extended, and stoop.
- The employee must, regularly, lift and / or move up to 50 pounds, alone, and occasionally lift and or move more than 100 pounds, with assistance.
- Position requires continuous visual demand 75% - 100% of the time.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Required Skills
- Job Location
- Paducah, Kentucky, United States
- Position Type