Environmental Health and Safety SpecialistApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Location: Peabody, Massachusetts
The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist will be primarily responsible for ensuring that effective compliant programs are in place for the facility, meeting company policy and goals, and implementing the corporate EHS program. The EHS Specialist will be heavily involved in program implementation and maintenance. The EHS Specialist will spend a significant portion of time walking the manufacturing areas of the facility and interacting with plant teams, employees, and supervisory personnel.
- Comply with Federal, State, Local and Internal requirements.
- Operate in a manner that minimizes safety and health risk and company liability.
- Use EHS tools (webpage, databases, online training and programs guidance).
- Implement activities, programs, and training for existing and pending Safety and Health requirements to prepare the facility to be audit ready.
- Recognize and resolve at risk conditions that could potentially lead to significant events, and noncompliance situations.
- Guide to the facility leadership in the area of EHSS&S.
- Support the completion of facility corrective and preventive actions.
- Coordinate and support regional and corporate compliance programs as needed. Implement and maintain the corporate employee safety management system within the plant
- Assess training requirements and needs, implement, conduct/coordinate and maintain safety training plan for the plant
- Facilitate or lead accident investigations on work-related injuries and near miss events, establish, and implement associated corrective and preventative actions.
- Design and assist in auditing plant processes and procedures to ensure employees have the training and tools necessary to perform their job safely
- Communicate plant EHS goals, metrics and progress
- Ensure plant has functioning emergency response processes and teams as required: (First Aid, firefighting, spill team (HAZWOPER) and committee).
- Drive, maintain, and promote a positive safety conscious culture throughout the facility
- Maintain relationship with local medical and emergency services providers
- Serve as a resource and work closely with the global EHS staff and other impacted groups to identify, develop and assist with the implementation of specific global EHS programs, processes and practices at a division, global and plant level.
- Support, recruit, train and mentor the site EHS Committee.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable environmental permits, regulations, and programs. Arrange for required sampling, complete inspections, submit reports accurately and on time, and keep records organized and accessible for inspection.
- Responsible for the profiling, storage, shipment arrangement and management of hazardous and special wastes. Involvement in customer product return to the facility.
- Supply sustainability data and support goals established as a part of the program.
- Conduct and/or coordinate training of personnel to comply with regulatory requirements such as hazardous waste management, storm water pollution prevention plans, spill prevention control and countermeasures plan, air permit, and waste minimization.
- Obtain and maintain updated information and local contacts on applicable environmental issues.
- Implement and customize H.B. Fuller's environmental programs to local facility needs.
- Proactively identify situations when permits and environmental programs are required to be revised and ensure all required permit revisions are obtained and programs updated in a timely manner.
- Inspect housekeeping at facility and identify areas for improvement.
- Industrial Hygiene Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and Assist in Assessing Facility Exposures:
- Process Safety Responsibilities
- Has contributory responsibility for meeting facility expense budget, particularly for safety expenditures – supplies, training, and other improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety/environmental or related field.
- Minimum 5 years working in an EHS focused role in a chemical processing environment
- 2 + years working managing OSHA, EPA, NFPA & PSM (if applicable to the location) and other applicable regulations
- 2 + years managing projects with effective project management skills
- Facilitated In-house training on a variety of EHS topics in accordance with EHS management objectives.
- Facilitated Accident and Incident Investigation and Analysis as per EHS management directives and operational requirements.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An understanding of the application of systems to safety (Responsible Care® VPP, OHSAS 18001, IIPP)
- Excellent skills in the use of MS Office programs and experience with EHS related reporting systems.
- Excellent leadership and training skills
- Aware of US based security regulations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, process work rapidly, set priorities, work under pressure and follow through with required tasks.
- Ability to travel up to 10% supporting other locations as needed and the corporate compliance audit and assessment program
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Job Location
- Peabody, Massachusetts, United States
- Position Type