Maintenance TechnicianApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The position of Maintenance technician reports to the Maintenance Supervisor/Operations Manager and has primary responsibility for all Maintenance. The job holder will be responsible for implementing preventative/predictive maintenance strategies alongside breakdown repairs.
Main duties are:
• Manage the Maintenance activities for machines and electric stackers
• Revise production equipment, checking and recording their operability and advising when maintenance is required.
• Develop and follow a preventative maintenance planning process, suggesting improvements in order to minimize repairs and downtime
• Ensure all plant and equipment are maintained as per the maintenance manual requirement
• Execute Maintenance actions on the site (e.g. breakdown repairs), ensuring they are accomplished within the agreed priority listings, timescales and to cost
• Supervise ad-hoc support personnel (operators) or contractors as needed to complete specific work.
• Provide input to Maintenance Supervisor/Operations Manager regarding equipment and necessary repairs or upgrades.
• Ensure the compliance with all applicable health & safety and environmental regulations and assist the HBF EHS representative.
• Ensure all documents, files and manuals are kept up to date and in good order
• Ensure all computer records are maintained and kept up to date
• Maintain good housekeeping of maintenance department and plant areas
• Place orders as required and in line with agreed order processes, monitoring engineering stock requirements
• Use the fork lift truck and counter balance truce for maintenance duties when heavy lifting is required, including the use of attachments such as the cage
- Required Skills
• Professional degree or certificate of technical aptitude
• 3 years industrial maintenance experience.
• Fork Lift Truck licence
• Good communication skills
• Computer skills – proficient to undertake data entry in maintenance tracking system, use of email etc.
• Professional degree in maintenance (mechanic or electric) discipline (BACC Pro, CAP)
• Trained in electricity, pneumatics and hydraulics
• Specific EHS competencies preferable
• Experience in the chemical sector an advantage but not essential
- Job Location
- Preston, United Kingdom
- Position Type