Preston, United Kingdom;Apply NowApply Later
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Generally, performs, with supervision, entry level production tasks which include:
- Preparation of raw materials and packaging: Review labels on raw material to ensure correct weight, type, and lot/batch no. before starting in charging raw materials in the mixers and carry out operation process following up all the production parameters.
- Operating of the mixers: verify and load raw materials in line with process instructions and procedures, take samples, unload and pack. Document process figures and results (traceability and legal requirement).
- Carry out all operations with compliance with the Quality and Operating procedures of HBF.
- Ensure initial testing and release of products is completed and that there are no deviations to specifications.
- Ensure the perfect visual appearance of the finished products to be of the level of standard.
- Packaging the final product according to the instructions and ensure that the final product is of standard quality level of HBF.
- Zero mistakes in the finished product and inform Production Manager/Supervisor with any mistakes in labels and take the proper action to correct labels.
- Maintain machinery and work areas in a clean and proper condition.
- Responsible of their own training documentations
- Implementation & Compliance with all legal and company EHS policy and procedures, reporting any deviation from safety instructions to ensure a secure working environment.
- Carry out any other duties requested from the Production Manager/Supervisor
- Basic educational degree or High school diploma or general education diploma
- 2 + years’ experience as Production Operator I or 3 + year experience in industrial environment
- Knowledge of common software programs (MS office)
- Ability to read and understand work orders, production process, safety regulations and quality procedures and instructions.
- Availability to work in shifts
- Knowledge of chemical mixing and packaging processes
- Understanding of basic English
- Required to stand for long periods of time
- Walk and climb stairs
- Use hands to remove or lift boxes
- Stretch and reach with arms extended
- Stoop and bend
- Regularly lift up to 50 pounds and up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Temperature, dust, smell and noise are under normal chemical environment conditions
At H.B. Fuller, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal employment opportunity. We subscribe to the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) policy of employing and promoting individuals based on their merits, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, or any other protected classification.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.