H.B. Fuller employees click here to apply for current openings.
Pune, India; Mindelo, Portugal;Apply NowApply Later
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
Business Analyst uses Business Intelligence to represent HB Fuller’s collection of proprietary concepts, methodologies and tools for enhancing the business decision-making process at all levels of the organization. It provides standard data definitions, performance metrics and analyses that transform data into analysis and insight; this enables a shared business perspective on customer and product profitability, Sourcing metrics, Supply Chain and Manufacturing metrics for analysis and business decision making. BI Analyst also manages the data delivery of BI information in order for a user to consume information in an insightful and actionable way.
The BI Analyst reports to the Finance Systems Manager and has responsibility for the enhancement and maintenance of the on-going development activities of the Finance Systems including BI Data and other defined solutions and delivery capabilities. It is also responsible for helping to develop, maintain and promote the effective usage of proprietary analytical tools and analytical frameworks to be used across the global business to enhance financial performance. The tools currently existing include commercial enterprise data warehouse, sourcing data warehouse, AR database, Indirect Spend data base, DMF tool and Power BI delivery system.
1. Direct Responsibilities relating to the Finance Systems Analyst role include:
a. Develop specifications and requirements that can be translated to tool that meet business requirements.
b. Responsible for the integrity of databases and related logic in all tools and manage all changes and updates.
c. Investigate data questions and outliers and determine path for resolution.
d. Promote the consistent and effective use of all tools through teaching, coaching and sharing of best practices.
e. The Finance Systems Analyst will establish and provide end user training and provide monitoring of activities.
f. Assist in ensuring the delivery of Finance Systems projects towards the agreed scope, schedule and allocated human and money resources.
g. Ensures integrity, consistency and security across all Finance Systems/ BI solutions.
h. Develop and manage communication and training to the business end users.
i. Establish guidelines and monitor the availability, performance and development of the BI Data Warehouse and other solutions.
2. Indirect, or oversight responsibilities, relating to the Finance Systems Analyst role include:
a. Work with the BI team and business to establish and govern critical data standards, metrics and guidelines.
b. Identifying and improve business process improvements relating to improving data quality and automation.
c. Ability to understand SQL logic.
The Analyst, Business Intelligence Solutions duties will include the following:
65% - Liaison with Functional Business partners, Regional FP&A teams and other parts of the organization to deliver timely and accurate business information:
• Assist to deploy the annual development plan and release management cycles providing for optimal value of information deployment.
• Assist with systems development, testing efforts and regional validation, including planning and monitoring development, reviewing deliverables, communicating status and coordinating resources.
• Maintain the integrity of the data and calculations within all datasets and tools including all related data marts and data investigations.
• Development and maintenance of standard management dashboards and business views including recommendations of whether to add, modify and delete views based upon their impact on business analysis and management decisions.
• Assists in maintaining the Finance Systems collaboration site and its content regarding training, announcements, key resource material and dates.
• Enforces the business resource planning for the development and deployment of the BI solutions suite.
• Develop and deliver global standard analytical reporting that is informative, insightful and actionable.
20% - Development and delivery of business end-user training and communication of principles, standards and usage of the BI Solutions and the related definitions and metrics. Related activities include:
• Establishes and maintains a resource library of training material, user guides, data definitions and metric calculations.
• Conducts recurring, timely training of Finance Systems and BI principles and tool usage.
• Provides ad-hoc departmental and one-on-one analytical tool usage and capability as needed.
• Provides for timely communication of tool status and data quality to end users as appropriate.
15% - Assists with the structure, content and process for the activities of the Company’s Data Governance Committee and related activities. Related activities include:
• Maintains defined standards and provides for analysis on data standard deviations.
• Assists in prioritization of data standardization initiatives and coordinates project plans to achieve standards globally.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or IT
• 6+ years’ experience in the area of Business Intelligence or Data Warehouse and related performance management tools
• The candidate should be:
o Accomplished at project delivery in the area with a proven track record.
o Adept at grasping long-term direction while maintaining and executing short term deliverables.
o Versed in general business acumen with a basic understanding of key business processes and data flows.
o A self-starter with a strong work ethic and energetic style; sets the example and creates an environment of high expectations
o Consultative in approach to identifying and communicating issues, potential impacts and recommended solutions
o Perceived as a “performance management expert”
o A natural leader who does not require positional authority to rally a team together
o Comfortable under pressure
• The candidate should have:
o The ability to apply innovative solutions to challenges
o Have the technical ability to understand systems and data flow
o Understanding of SQL
o A mentoring leadership style that builds strong teams in a matrix reporting structure
o A background in defining clarity out of ambiguity
o A penchant to think globally first
• MBA degree is advantageous
• Moderate travel required. 10% to 20% with an emphasis on international travel.
At H.B. Fuller, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal employment opportunity. We subscribe to the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) policy of employing and promoting individuals based on their merits, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, or any other protected classification.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.