H.B. Fuller employees click here to apply for current openings.
Inside Sales Associate
Pune, India;Apply NowApply Later
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
The position is responsible for being able to quickly identify the customer’s need and/or business opportunity in order to be able to direct the customer to the correct department or sales group within the company by applying sales skills to the conversation providing exceptional service to the customer. Develop long-term customer relationships, creating value through proactive account management by understanding and meeting the customers’ business needs. Establish and record buying trends, purchasing criteria for assigned accounts.
- 40-50 outbound calls/day.
- Record all customer conversations in CRM.
- Meet the targeted levels of customer meetings (telephone meetings).
- Manage sales at existing accounts as well as develop new business.
- Ensure customers view HB Fuller as a partner by providing professional sales representation and excellent service.
- Gain customer support and acceptance by engaging in technical discussions to determine requirements and expectations, then effectively explore product and service solutions.
- Influence and gain alignment with both external and internal key decision makers and influencers at all levels of an organization.
- Identify, develop and close new business using tools such as LinkedIn, to include:
- Cold calling, market research and lead sourcing
- Through verbal and written communication, determine business requirements and expectations
- Identify decision maker(s), influencers and develop relationships
- Develop, enter and update opportunity process in CRM
- Partner with HBF Account Managers to ensure closure of new business, including pricing recommendation and contact development
- Partner with HBF Account Managers to coordinate customer site visits to run line trials and/or audits.
- Annual Sales: Need to achieve minimum $500k or as assigned as per business requirement.
Exerts strong influence on decisions affecting this general function. Deals with people at all levels within both customer accounts and the internal organization. Drives customer problem resolution, leveraging experience, HBF departments and resources. Contacts are made primarily via phone and through electronic media. Disclosure of confidential data accessible to this job would have adverse effects internally and externally and could result in major losses to H.B. Fuller.
- General office environment
- Time spent on phone: Five or more hours daily
- Occasional travel (10%)
- Occasional attendance at industry trade shows, conferences, etc.
SERVICE, COMMUNICATION & TEAMWORK
- Improve service through continually meeting and interacting with our customers and other internal departments to maintain your knowledge of products, programs, customer’s needs, new products, stock availability and the production plan.
- Actively participate on teams. Contributing skills and appropriate knowledge to drive to solutions and results.
- Know our product lines, their distribution channels, the benefits of our products, basic technical knowledge and competitive information, etc, for the products we manufacture and distribute.
PROCESS, POLICY & STANDARDS
- Knowledge and compliance to all pertinent processes, policies and standards, both departmental and company-wide, needed to perform your primary responsibilities.
Number and titles/levels of direct reports: 0
Number and titles/levels of indirect reports: 0
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Minimum 4-5 years Sales, Marketing related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Advanced PC skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Windows, typing and 10-key data entry
- Excellent communication skills: written, telephone, speaking, reading and listening
- Individuals in the position must be results oriented, organized, able to multi-task, work in a fast paced team environment and possess a strong customer-focused attitude: highly personable, accurate, relates well with people, service oriented, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to meet and exceed customer satisfaction, and resolve dissatisfaction
- Effectively manage work situation of moderate degree of complexity, which could impact company image and/or sales dollars and cost
- General office equipment: fax, copier, scanner, etc
- Demonstrates proficiency in the following competencies:
- Responsive to change – Adapts (quickly) to changing circumstances
- Individually responsible for results – Engages in activities and experiences that strengthen contribution to the organization
- Model collaboration and commitment – Focuses on team success before individual success
- Focus on customers – Creates an experience for customers – delights customers by providing exceptional value and service
- Demonstrates operational excellence – Continually looks for new and better ways to get things done and shows functional/technical proficiency in work
- Demonstrates effective self management – Seeks to understand and act upon improvement opportunities
- Accountability for Results – Translates goals/objectives into actionable plans and results
- Build and lead effective teams – Attracts and retains the best people. Optimizes peak performance through development & coaching
- Foster change and innovation - Seeks solutions that strengthen quality, value, service and effectiveness
- Create value for customers - Anticipates and responds to market trends and opportunities
- Demonstrate business acumen and business agility - Demonstrates functional/technical proficiency, engages in effective operational and strategic planning
At H.B. Fuller, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal employment opportunity. We subscribe to the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) policy of employing and promoting individuals based on their merits, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, or any other protected classification.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.