IT DeveloperApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The IT DEVELOPER I - SAP BW / BEx reports to the IT Manager, APPLICATION DATA and has primary responsibility for duties in SAP BW and related applications, supporting data loads into SAP BW data warehouse from SAP ECC and other data sources. This individual will design, develop, document, and implement efficient backend functionality in support of core organizational functions. The position requires job holder to understand the designing and building of SAP BW objects (data extractors, info objects, info cubes, ABAP, etc.) and related SAP BI applications. This role will apply communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
This individual will be involved in a variety of technical activities centered on the organization’s data warehouse and business intelligence systems. The primary customer base served is internal business users. Areas of focus include:
• APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT [50%]
o Perform analysis, develop specifications, design, and develop SAP BW objects working within a project team. Consistently generates error-free applications and objects that meet specifications.
o Contributes to BI best practices for design, management, testing, and performance.
o Conduct testing (including but not limited to functional, unit, regression) on developed application code and integrations.
o Perform and participate in peer design and code reviews.
o Analyzes, reviews, and modifies programs and approaches to increase developer and system efficiency.
o Contribute to BW ABAP work, which needs sound ABAP knowledge.
• SYSTEMS ANALYSIS [20%]
o Consult with Business and Systems Analysts in assigned projects to identify user needs and project task requirements.
o Evaluates development projects to determine feasibility, time requirements, and interface requirements with existing systems.
• DOCUMENTATION & COMMUNICATION[10%]
o Prepare documentation for the systems/programs in accordance with department and corporate standards.
o Conduct effective, on-going communication, both written and verbal.
o Keep abreast of new developments in software, system development, and be informed of the latest techniques, technologies, and practices.
• OPERATIONAL SYSTEM SUPPORT [20%]
o Provides technical support and guidance in the proper use of BI tools to business users.
o Assists in troubleshooting application problems where data, ETL, and reporting are integral elements.
- Required Skills
• Bachelor's degree in the field of business administration, computer science, or management information systems.
• 5+ years of experience with SAP BW - technical design and development/test, including:
o BW Back End Extraction, Data Loading – with standard and customized objects
o BW Data Modeling and Development, including enhancements of DataSources, InfoObjects, DSOs, Transformations, InfoCubes, Multiproviders, etc.ABAP coding.
o Create and Load Monitoring BW Process Chains
o Transport creation and target environment monitoring/validation
• Ability to understand SAP data functionality, particularly: FI/GL, MM, PP, and SD
• Good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle process (Design, Build, Test, Deploy)
• Ability to work with functional reporting requirement contacts from the business, and communicating BW data impacts
• Experience in a Production Support role
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Must be willing to travel as needed (<5%).
• The candidate should demonstrates proficiency in the following competencies:
o Responsive to change – Adapts (quickly) to changing circumstances
o Individually responsible for results – Engages in activities and experiences that strengthen contribution to the organization
o Model collaboration and commitment – Focuses on team success before individual success
o Focus on customers – Creates an experience for customers – delights customers by providing exceptional value and service
o Demonstrates operational excellence – Continually looks for new and better ways to get things done and shows functional/technical proficiency in work
o Demonstrates effective self-management – Seeks to understand and act upon improvement opportunities
• Experience with SQL Server (2014 and later) SQL Integration Services (SSIS);
• Proficient with T-SQL development of
o stored procedures;
o SQL queries;
• Understanding of data warehouse principles and experience designing and developing Microsoft BI data warehouse objects and ETL packages.
• Understanding and experience with database design and implementation of dimensional models
• Experience in Business Objects.
Work is performed in manufacturing facilities and office settings. Must be able to periodically work evenings and weekends to support deployments, upgrades, changes and support work efforts.
- Job Location
- Pune, Maharashtra, India
- Position Type