Product ManagerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The Product Manager – EA India, acts as the key liaison between market/customer needs, commercial sales, product management, marketing communications, regulatory and technology research and development. This Product Manager leads and delivers strategic technology and platform level direction through market research/analysis providing product roadmaps for new and existing Engineering Adhesives’ product lines.
In this position the Product Manager – EA India is responsible for managing the strategic product line development and implementation of tactical activities to grow H.B. Fuller’s position in the identifed markets. One is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and executing Product Management processes designed to efficiently transfer market, technical, competitive and IP knowledge to the businesses.
Within Engineering Adhesives, the product life cycles, value added pricing and strategic product line development are critical areas of responsibility and accountability. The Product Manager will coordinate branding (in accordance with Global Engineering Adhesives standards) as well as commercial product naming and labeling and will provide input to support marketing communication initiatives.
This Product Manager leads the strategic market plans and product readiness of the platform regionally and is accountable for successfully executing those plans through collaboration of the global and regional teams to drive profitability and growth.
This position interfaces with internal and external stakeholders, including the Global Engineering Adhesives Product Management team, Engineering Adhesives Leadership Team (EALT), Group Commercial Business leaders, Technology Directors, Finance Partners, Human Resource leadership, key customers, distributors and 3rd party organizations.
One is accountable for the overall success or failure of the products and product lines. This not only includes envisioning how our products will be successful today but how they will continue to grow revenue, profitability and market share over time.
This position will be responsible for implementing the Engineering Adhesives Product Management processes to be faster to market than competition, deliver higher product success rates and deliver clarity to decision making about market opportunities.
• Interacts with customer to define requirements, drives product selection, creates marketing materials, manages sample logistics, and interfaces internally to translate customer requirements into development requirements.
• Implements product value added and pricing excellence. Must work closely with Sourcing, Finance.
• Develops platform level roadmaps to improve the company’s capability to address customer problems and unmet needs.
• Gathers customer / market requirements for the platform level development in conjunction with region and global organization. Uses this information to create customer centric platform requirements to be used as the base for product development by Research & Development.
• Ensures appropriate collaboration with R&D teams to develop, monitor and recommend adjustments to the product line based on market conditions and trends.
• Acts as a liaison with Commercial Sales, Operations and R&D teams providing feedback about current and future customer needs.
• Provides functional expertise to the management of the product line, including value pricing support, marketing communications and content development.
• Manages the product portfolio life cycles, along with product line management, including development, validation, readiness, launch and execution activities in support of the business strategy.
• Active participation in conferences, tradeshows, industry and customer sponsored programs and events.
- Required Skills
• BA / BSC in Science, Engineering, Chemistry, Marketing, Business, or related degree.
• 5 to 7 + years of related experience and demonstrated application knowledge in the Chemical industry.
• 3+ years’ experience in the industrial marketplace.
• Extensive knowledge of strategic planning processes. Ability to make good decisions in complex, highly strategic situations in order to drive profitable growth in the platform while balancing limited resources across the company.
• Ability to work on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variance factors.
• Must clearly demonstrate superior communication, interpersonal, influencing and presentation skills, with the ability to interact with key decision makers at all levels at both customers and internal management including executive levels.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly prioritize and operate in a flexible, fluid environment.
• Must be willing and able to travel over 50% of the time domestically and internationally, as applicable .
• 5+ years of demonstrated customer relationship management skills and ability to collaborate effectively with various functional groups and cross-culturally.
• MBA preferred.
• Knowledge of the Adhesives market is preferred.
• Solid understanding of the H.B. Fuller business strategy and portfolio is highly preferred.
• Scientific / technical background and expertise
- Job Location
- Pune, Maharashtra, India
- Position Type
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.