IT Security Engineer; St. Paul, MNApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
IT Security Engineer; St. Paul, MN
H.B. Fuller is seeking an experienced IT Security Engineer who has primary responsibility in the development, monitoring, evaluation, and maintaining of systems and procedures necessary to protect host and network systems from unauthorized access and security threats. The IT Security Engineer typically participates in creating, implementing, and evaluating security standards, guidelines and procedures related to firewalls, intrusion detection, vulnerability scanning, host operating systems, and network devices.
A key responsibility for this position will be the detection and response on Security Incidents, so a main focus will be on evaluating, designing, implementing and operating processes and tools to support Information Security and Event (SIEM) and Vulnerability Management.
The IT Security Engineer will be involved in a variety of host, desktop and network security areas within the global Information Technology department. Frequent communication with H.B. Fuller staff in all regions is expected for troubleshooting, performance tuning, and project activity. The IT Security Engineer will also be expected to work through trouble tickets with internal and external partner vendors in the support of our global Infrastructure. There is an on-call expectation for this role.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to systems support [60%]; projects (30%), and documentation (10%).
- Primary responsibility for security information and event management, monitoring and analysis of events to detect security incidents and define appropriate response measures
- Additional involvement in multiple key areas of host and network security implementation, deployment and support technologies related to host and network platforms including:
- Firewall, endpoint, IDS/IPS, sandboxing, URL filtering such as Cisco ASA, Cisco AMP, Cisco ACS, Trend enterprise AV, FireEye, Palo Alto, Tanium, Scansafe, OpenDNS, Websense, Cloud- and email security
- SCCM, Accelops, or other SIEM monitoring tools
- Research appropriate technology and product offerings
- Assist with configuration and implementation deployments for new apps, upgrades, and architectural changes
- Designs, supports and installs security and monitoring technologies
- Performs analysis of system logs and user access issues
- Audit and establish management processes for privileged accounts
- Participates in emergency response team activities regarding security incidents
- Performs in-depth support for information security incidents including internal violations, hacker attacks, virus, and other system outages
- Prepares and updates security policy, processes, and related technical documentation
- This is a support engineering role also accountable for change control, configuration management and CMDB accuracy, and internal support processes improvement or automation
- Consult with senior security and risk management individuals, network lead engineers, business and systems analysts, infrastructure, and desk side in assigned projects to identify user needs and project task requirements
- Serve as lead security engineer for smaller activities requiring limited resources or technical depth
- Prepare documentation for the systems, scripts, procedures in accordance with department and corporate standards
- Prepare and submit project status and/or other reports to the Project Manager or Security Manager as required
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with global users and technical peers
- Conduct effective, on-going communication, both written and verbal
- Keep abreast of new developments in security hardware and software technology, and be informed of the latest techniques, technologies, and practices
- Bachelors in BA, CS MIS, or technical degree/equivalent
- 4+ years of on-the-job experience including:
- General infrastructure (server, load balancer,…;) fundamentals
- Router configuration and interface changes
- Key monitoring events and conditions on various network hardware and software
- VPN configurations and usage
- Firewalls, and DMZ architecture
- General security, monitoring tools, IDS/IPS, anti-malware
- State-of-the art SIEM solutions and Vulnerability management, implementations and use-cases.
- Thorough understanding of OSI model
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) functions (incident, change, problem, asset management)
- Detailed technical knowledge sufficient to independently identify and diagnose system malfunctions, bots, and other malware issues
- General infrastructure and PC fundamentals
- Database security, server and client security and encryption, cloud security
- Cisco IOS (interfaces, configuration, routing, QOS, …;)
- Cisco CCENT, CCNA, CISSP, SANS certifications
- Various protocol knowledge (SIP, Telnet, HTTP, SSL, PPP, WLAN, CDP …;)
- Advanced Threat Protection, security information and event Management (SIEM), and security advanced threat protection (ATP) systems use
- Understanding of security standards like SOC2, ISO 2700x, UCF, NIST
- Basic office environment
- Must be able to rack typical server and appliance gear in standard 42u rack
- Lift approximately 40 pounds (18 kg) unassisted
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Required Skills
- Job Location
- St. Paul, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type