Applications Engineer-Automotive Electric Vehicles (EV)Apply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Application Engineer-Automotive Electric Vehicle (EV)
The Application Engineer will be focused on key growth markets for H.B. Fuller’s Engineering Adhesives Automotive business – Electric Vehicles (EV), structural adhesives, and automotive electronics. This person will be responsible for understanding customer technical requirements, identifying suitable technology, and providing a complete solution to the customer. Additionally, the Application Engineer will be responsible for conducting pilot and field product demonstrations and support the introduction of new products and/or applications at customers.
- Conduct demonstrations for existing and potential customers to support product/process introductions, solve application process problems using 8D methodology and engineering principals and make recommendations to customers for products and/or process improvements.
- Develop, share and maintain applications knowledge base for various combinations of equipment, product technologies and customer applications.
- Develop and improve application processes, test methods, and training guides.
- Lead and/or participate on projects to develop unique and value-added solutions. Contribute to innovation pipeline development.
- Provide training to customer operators and work with customer manufacturing and technical personnel to optimize product solution. Provide training to the sales and marketing professionals on specific application techniques and methods.
- 60% customer contact, 25% product/application research and value development, 15% other.
- 4 year technical degree (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering) and minimum 3-5 years industry experience.
- 3 + years of experience working around adhesives technology: silicone, epoxy, PU, CA, and anaerobic adhesives.
- 3 + years of specific product application knowledge with one or more: automotive electronics, powertrain, body structures, EV and battery.
- Ability to travel 40%-60%.
- SAP experience
- Direct experience working with or for OEM’s and/or Tier 1’s in the following markets: automotive electronics, powertrain, body structures, EV and battery.
- Working proficiency in language: Mandarin
Employees receive full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
- Job Location
- San Jose, California, United States
- Position Type