H.B. Fuller employees click here to apply for current openings.
Regional EHS Manager
São Paulo, Brazil;
On - SiteApply Now Apply Later
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
The EHS Manager, LATAM Region reports to the LATAM Operations Director with a close linkage to Global EHS and has responsibility to provide Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) expertise to facilities and businesses in LATAM. The EHS Manager ensures the region businesses and facilities:
- Implement and improve an effective and efficient EHS strategy for the region, complying with global EHS Company’s policy.
- Comply with state, and local EHS regulations, as well as Company standards.
- Operate in a manner that minimizes EHS risk and company liability.
- Use EHS tools (webpage, databases, online training and programs guidance); and
- Implement activities, programs, and training for existing and pending EHS requirements.
The Manager provides EHS expertise and is responsible for ensuring the implementation of EHS programs and initiatives across LATAM. Primary duties include:
60% EHS Compliance Management: Identify and translate EHS requirements from applicable EHS rules for facilities and businesses; train and develop EHS coordinators and facility managers/ engineers; promote use of EHS tools (webpage, programs, WEHS Manual, and databases); develop programs based on existing and emerging regulations; coordinate with insurance carriers for safety and property loss activities; assist and coordinate Process Safety Management activities and other related management systems; and look for gaps in compliance activities. Complete assigned compliance tasks on time and without error. Prepare, direct and/ or review required postings and agency submittals for completeness, compliance and accuracy. Complete annual Toxic release inventory Reports (NPRI, TRI and Community-Right-to-Know) for affected facilities. Also complete, where required, other required regulatory submissions such as HAPs reports and Air Emission inventories.
20% Compliance Review: Review, guide, and evaluate H.B. Fuller locations on actions to correct audit recommendations, inspect select corrections for completeness and for fulfillment of the recommendations, inspect to improve housekeeping, and check database for fulfillment of data standards and completeness of work. Review CER and facility or process plans at H.B. Fuller facilities, comment on plans to promote/ streamline EHS practices through better physical design, coordinate reviews with Corporate EHS and insurance carriers, and communicate recommended modifications to the facility management.
10%Project Work: Manage and participate, provide to expertise, on various projects for Operations or EHS projects including challenging safety and environmental regulations. Projects often include consultants to complete compliance requirements; specialists manage the Operation’s budget for these tasks.
5%Monitor and Keep Current on Regulations and Requirements: Monitor country and regional regulations for emerging requirements. Prepare/update training, guidelines, regulatory updates, and Best Management Practices for HBF operations. Maintain Professional Certificates and Expand EHS Regulatory Knowledge: Attend annual training and conferences to obtain minimum annual certification points. Read publications to broaden knowledge of business and regulatory knowledge. Participate in Professional societies to network and build other EHS relationships.
- Technical (4-year College) degree in Industrial Hygiene, Safety Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or Environmental Science.
- Min of 8 – 10 years’ experience in chemical manufacturing environment
- 5+ years’ experience in Environment, Health, or Safety-related position
- In depth knowledge of EHS laws and regulations.
- Experience with EHS training programs, auditing, inspections requirements, LOTO, PSM, Permit to work, Root Cause Analysis Tools.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, prioritize and ensure resolution of all EHS non-conformances.
- Project management experience.
- Change management experience.
- Strong leadership, team building and mentoring skills
- Ability to interpret laws and regulations to ease clientele’s efforts to comply
- Good organizational, communication and computer skills
- Fluency in Portuguese, Spanish & English.
- Ability to travel
- Experience with managing the EHS aspects of new construction – MOC, Contractor Safety, Etc.
- Experience with environmental remediation (soil/ ground water)
- Implementation of ISO 14,001 and 45,001 certifications (Desirable)
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and proud to have created a collaborative culture where employees around the world are seen, heard, and respected. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or marital status or status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected classification.
H.B. Fuller does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms. To conduct business with H.B. Fuller, a written service agreement must be executed by Human Resources prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. Without a signed service agreement, H.B. Fuller shall not be obligated for payment of any fee or compensation.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.