Aerospace Adhesives Global Account Manager- Boeing (Seattle, WA or St. Louis, MO)Apply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Royal Adhesives & Sealants is now an H.B. Fuller Company! H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Location: Seattle, WA or St. Louis, MO
The Global Account Manager (GAM) will be responsible for growing adhesives and sealant business within the Boeing Company. This includes both Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) and Boeing Defense & Space (BDS). The GAM will develop and implement sales and marketing plans that capture new business and expand existing business at BCA and its subcontractors. The GAM will succeed in gaining market share and achieving profit goals.
The GAM is directly responsible for elevating our partnerships with Boeing through a deep understanding and application of value selling methodologies; understanding Boeing’s business; defining their requirements, managing the relationship; and adding value to their offerings. The GAM will work with the Global Director Aerospace to set and achieve sales targets, improve market share, implement pricing strategies, control expenses, and deliver technical/ applications services across a global system. The GAM for electronics will drive sales by setting up and making sales calls at BCA locations in the Puget Sound area as well as global BCA and BCA subcontractor sites.
This position is home-based and we have a strong preference for the ideal candidate to be located in the Seattle, Washington area but will also consider the St. Louis, MO. This position reports to the Global Director Aerospace.
The Global Account Manager will:
- Make frequent sales calls to Boeing locations. Develop strong personal and interactive relationships with key personnel across multiple functions at assigned accounts and their subcontractors. Develop and provide value to a vast array of teams including product development teams, manufacturing teams, operations teams, and GSM’s.
- Be the focal point of information for H.B. Fuller regarding Boeing’s growth strategies, new products and corresponding opportunities for adhesive and sealant sales. Identify all relevant product development and material needs.
- Develop a growth plan for Boeing that identifies the key programs we are targeting, our value proposition, internal resources needed to close, external relationship strategy, and clear product requirements.
- Develop strong, personal and interactive working relationships with the H.B. Fuller Engineering Adhesives teams (US and global) to drive global plan execution.
- Monitor and communicate progress against growth plan.
- Act as a liaison with R&D teams, providing feedback about current and future customer needs.
- Provide functional expertise to the management of the product line, including value pricing support, marketing communications and content development.
- Lead the new product and technology introduction process / strategy.
- Coordinate between R&D, commercial and manufacturing teams for successful platform product launches.
- Provide leadership to ensure that all new technology innovations / intellectual property are protected and appropriately defended in the marketplace.
Become a focal point for and direct global teams to drive growth plans. This includes managing the customer qualification process globally by working with and managing transitions in the sales process across regions and functions as projects move from project conception, to technical validation of a solution, to mass production in region.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, Chemistry, Marketing, Business, or related degree.
- 10+ years of related experience and demonstrated application knowledge in the Chemical industry is highly preferred.
- Proven track record of new-product development and qualification to Boeing Specifications.
- Detailed knowledge of, and experience working with, the Boeing Company, including but not limited to, Boeing Research & Technology, Engineering, Procurement and Operations.
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, Boeing adhesive and sealant specifications.
- 5+ years’ experience in aerospace adhesive and sealant applications and customers. Must have a working knowledge of the typical multinational aerospace OEM development cycle and operations strategy.
- 5+ years of demonstrated customer relationship management skills and ability to collaborate effectively with various functional groups.
- Global or multi-regional experience.
- Must be willing and able to travel at least 50% of the time (domestically).
- Ability to work on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variance factors.
- Must clearly demonstrate superior communication, interpersonal, influencing and presentation skills, with the ability to interact with key decision makers at all levels at both customers and internal management including executive levels.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly prioritize and operate in a flexible, fluid environment.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Required Skills
- Job Location
- Seattle, Washington, United States
- Position Type