Regulatory ScientistApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Regulatory Department's stated objective is to support our customers, internal colleagues, and other constituencies through regulatory compliance. This position contributes to this objective by:
(1) Working with a team designed to balance the business needs and the regulatory compliance of the company.
(2) Providing regulatory advice and assistance to customers and internal colleagues in support of Marketing and Technology efforts to commercialize new products and expand into commercial opportunities.
(3) Providing regulatory advice and assistance in support of maintaining current business.
This position is based in Seoul, reports to Regulatory Leader.
This individual will be involved in a variety of regulatory activities, including:
- Authoring (Material) Safety Data Sheets using current H.B. Fuller Asia Pacific systems and processes to meet GHS requirements.
- Administrating email inboxes related to (M)SDS and general regulatory requests.
- Administrating document repositories for multiple groups and business partners. Manage the chemical regulation in the specific industries and focus markets where we conduct business, such as packaging, textile, footwear, hygiene, etc, Review our products accordingly to make sure the products are compliant to the specific industry regulation and/or requirement.
- Coordinate with outside test laboratories and consultants for product registration work and other regulatory requirements.
- Attend stage gate meeting to support on any regulatory needs.
- Responding to a wide variety of customer’s regulatory compliance questions in AP and also globally. These questions may be in response to government agency regulations, non-government organization requirements, or specific customer requirements. Some will be complex multi-regulation documents and come in a variety of customer formats.
- Conduct chemical registration work in the destination country or region if needed.
- Managing multiple priorities concurrently and setting priorities to meet customer and business demands in a fast-changing, results-oriented R&D environment.
- Liaising with the regulatory and product safety departments of strategic customers, studying their internal clearance processes, and delighting customers via personal and friendly regulatory support.
- Staying current with global regulatory trends in an effort to provide support to our customers.
- Seeking out and reporting as appropriate to business and technology teams on industry/government news (going beyond chemical regulatory and into world and application trends).
- Working with Product Managers and sharing voice of customer information.
- Coordinating communications/short trainings to the sales, tech service, and other business team members.
- Developing relationships with global regulatory colleagues in all regions and working together in a collaborative manner.
- Interpreting regulations and determining how the regulations affect our raw materials, formulated materials, customer applications, and the product’s end use.
- Determining what level of scrutiny to apply to a submitted request and how to properly respond.
- Counseling Business Units concerning safe product use; following regulatory and health and safety issues, and alerting business groups to emerging issues.
- Contributing as a member on one or more cross-functional teams.
Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering or Health related field with a Chemistry foundation
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and lead projects or initiatives to a successful outcome. Can drive a project from beginning to the end under proposed time frame. Can set timeline and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills are needed to effectively communicate with global regulatory team and regional function team. Ability to present ideas effectively and communicate well with all levels of management within a team environment on a variety of programs and projects.
- Well organized. Able to work under pressure, manage competing demands and meet tight deadlines with strong follow through.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the following competencies:
- Responsive to change – Adapts (quickly) to changing circumstances.
- Individually responsible for results – Self-motivated, proactive and confident. Can-do attitude. Engages in activities and experiences that strengthen contribution to the organization.
- Model collaboration and commitment – Focuses on team success before individual success.
- Focus on customers – Creates an experience for customers – delights customers by providing exceptional value and service.
- Demonstrates operational excellence – Continually looks for new and better ways to get things done and shows functional/technical proficiency in work.
- Demonstrates effective self management – Seeks to understand and act upon improvement opportunities.
- Accountability for results – Translates goals/objectives into actionable plans and results.
- Foster change and innovation – Seeks solutions that strengthen quality, value, service and effectiveness.
- Create value for customers – Anticipates and responds to market trends and opportunities.
- Experience with SAP applications
- Knowledge of H.B. Fuller’s product line
- Self-motivated, proactive and confident. Can-do attitude.
- Can drive a project from beginning to the end under proposed time frame. Can set timeline and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills are needed to effectively communicate with global regulatory team and regional function team.
- Good writing and presentation skills.
- Language Requirements: Korean and English
- Combination of general office environment and laboratory environment
- Job Location
- Seoul, Seoul-teukbyeolsi (Seoul), Korea, Republic of
- Position Type