ChemistApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Scientist I has the primary responsibility for conducting research tasks coordinated by more experienced scientists and managers.
This job is located in Shanghai R&D lab, reports to Textile Leader
This is a laboratory bench level position. A Scientist I will participate in technical tasks to achieve the goals and plans of the businesses for which they support.
This individual is involved in a variety of research, development and technical service activities, including:
- Conducting and analyzing experiments on organic and inorganic substances to determine and evaluate their chemical and physical properties and to investigate their applications to industry. Carrying out experiments to improve upon or to duplicate materials and substances, and engaging in research to identify new methods of processing or production.
- Appling and interpreting standard scientific theories, concepts and techniques.
- Completing basic projects independently, drawing conclusions with guidance, and reproducing and articulating results and their meaning, including business impact.
- Supporting product or process demonstrations.
- Identifying and developing solutions to problems where causal relationships can be identified and some precedence may exist.
- Documenting test results and making process improvement recommendations.
- Documenting project updates and executing projects using project management methodologies.
- Fulfilling responsibilities as required by the Quality System for the site/business unit.
- Working in a safe and efficient manner.
The Scientist I Reactives is expected to learn and apply technical expertise to solve customer opportunities in the textile market. This would mainly focus on HMMC technology. In addition the Scientist I Reactives would be expected to build an in-depth knowledge of the raw materials and manufacturing practices used to develop reactive products. The Scientist I Reactives would build a fundamental understanding of the equipment and dynamics used to deliver these products to the end use substrates. The Scientist I Reactives would have a primary objective of laboratory development, production scale –up and commercial introduction of new products. He/she would be expected to work in a team efficiently and fulfill the project target milestones following the company innovation stage gate process.
Travel for product customer trials, product scale-up and laboratory meetings will require less than 5% of their time.
- Fresh Master-Degree graduate major in Polymer, Material Science, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering can be accepted, 1-2 years R&D adhesive experience is preferred.Plus
- Demonstrated ability to complete basic projects independently
- Demonstrated understanding and application of business basics, including value propositions
- Good Communication Skills
- Collaborative Style
- Bias for Action
- Demonstrates proficiency in the following competencies:Individually responsible for results – Engages in activities and experiences that strengthen contribution to the organizationFocus on customers – Creates an experience for customers – delights customers by providing exceptional value and serviceDemonstrates effective self management – Seeks to understand and act upon improvement opportunities
- Demonstrates operational excellence – Continually looks for new and better ways to get things done and shows functional/technical proficiency in work
- Model collaboration and commitment – Focuses on team success before individual success
- Responsive to change – Adapts (quickly) to changing circumstances
- Knowledge of polyurethane chemistry as they relate to the textile application.
- Knowledge of the raw materials used in the development of reactive products.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing equipment and requirements to produce reactive products.
- Knowledge of customer application methods and machinery both for the textile market
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English verbally and in written form
- Laboratory and application center
- Job Location
- Shanghai, China
- Position Type