Sourcing EngineerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Responsibility includes assurance of supply, superior cost management and uncompromising stewardship in support of our internal & external customers: source materials ensuring total best value and supply assurance; have additional support responsibilities to include a variety of project-related work and daily management tasks related to material sourcing, usage tracking and forecasting and price reconciliation; Have system responsibility including, but not limited to, price updates, invoice discrepancy resolution, and vendor registration. Focus will be predominantly on day-to-day activities, but with an eye for improving the way work is done (e.g., system improvements). Will report to A/P Senior Sourcing Manager
20%- 50% Sourcing Support
20%-50% Transactional – System Work
- Sourcing: own direct sourcing on chemical raw material for one plant and PAK for A/P plants
- Sourcing Support: First line of contact with plants and suppliers to resolve payment issues, Assistance with request for quotes, bid analysis, volume tracking for rebates and against contracts for compliance with business commitments, perform periodic analysis of $ spend, ensure compliance in ERP and other systems, and assist in preparation of bid requests/analysis of bids.
- Transactional: updating pricing, invoice resolution, system support
- Additionally: Comply with Sourcing’s best practices, policies, and procedures. Resolve invoice discrepancies in a timely manner. Manage minimum and maximum order quantities and total volumes.
- Bachelor degree or above major in chemical or polymer materials, and 2-3 years’ experience in Sourcing functions, experience working with ERP systems, 1years experience in petrochemical industries, self-motivated, can function with little/no daily direction setting from manager.
- Demonstrated strong desire and innate capability to learn.
- Skills: Problem solving capabilities, strong communication, interpersonal, organizational skills, excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Demonstrates proficiency in the following competencies:
- Responsive to Change
- Refocuses efforts in a positive “how can we get this done?” manner
- Individually Accountable for Results
- Focuses on work effort that is strategically aligned and has impact
- Models Collaboration &Commitment
- Focuses on team success before individual success
- Demonstrates Operational Excellence
- Continually looks for new & better ways to get things done
- Demonstrates Effective Self-Management
- Values guidance while assuming responsibility for development
- Job Location
- Shanghai, China
- Position Type