Chemical Lab Technician - Night ShiftApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
We are looking to hire a Chemical Lab Technician – Night Shift - to perform chemical laboratory testing, provide detailed document of their results and findings, and work on special projects as needed.
This Chemical Lab Technician position will perform Quality Assurance testing on production samples according to procedures, input data into the computer system for all lot numbers. Maintain laboratory instrumentation. Do calibrations on instruments and equipment as required by procedure. This person will also assist the manager in paperwork or documentation as needed.
Night Shift Hours - Note: The person coming into this position will work 12 hour shifts during 2nd and 3rd shift hours. Shifts may include 12:00 PM – 12:00 AM or similar hours.
- Read and understand procedures
- Maintain good housekeeping standards
- Operate Gas Chromatograph
- Operate Particle Size Analyzer
- Use viscometers, solids analyzers, and pH meters per procedures
- Learn various test methods as deemed appropriate
- Titrate for results using various tests methods
- Cover QA shifts when other technicians are absent or on vacation
- Save and/or update raw material Certificates of Analysis on the computer.
- Perform bacterial monitoring testing
- Follow safety procedures and wear proper PPE
- File, copy, email, and fax as required
- Generate finished product certificates of analysis.
- Initiate QA Alert/CAR (Corrective Action Request) when products are found to be out-of-specification
- Test competitor products/complaint sample analysis
- Other duties assigned by supervisor
- Other responsibilities as assigned including those to assure safe, efficient operations of the plant.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some college helpful.
- Experience in a chemical manufacturing environment helpful
- General knowledge of laboratory testing
- Basic understanding of computer such as Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities to resolve workplace process problems.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal to communicate with other employees.
- Sense of urgency and ability to complete multiple tasks in a timely manner in order to assure customer requirements are met.
- Approximately 75% Standing (Benchwork)/ 25% Sitting (Data Entry)
- Chemical use in lab – Trained on handling
- Hard Hats required outside of Laboratory.
- Must be able to work all shifts (12-hour shifts)
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. This position may also qualify for medical reimbursement depending on the employee’s annual base salary. If qualified, H.B. Fuller will pay up to 100% of the employee’s medical premium. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Required Skills
- Job Location
- Simpsonville, South Carolina, United States
- Position Type