Process Engineer InternApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Process Engineer Intern
The Process Engineer Intern reports to an Engineering Manager and has responsibility for supporting process and project work through analysis and design of emulsion polymerization, adhesives, and coatings processes.
The Process Engineer Intern will be responsible for calculation and design support for capital projects and process improvements, including:
- Decommissioning and recommissioning of filtration/recovery systems
- Batch cycle time studies and improvement
- Updating site PSI
- Documentation/design of site pressure safety valves
- Reactor temperature controls
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering to be completed between December 2020 – June 2022
- Must have completed Sophomore year of program and coursework
- Skills and ability to evaluate and optimize manufacturing processes
- Awareness and/or Training in Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- Ability to effectively interacting with R&D and plant personnel, OEMs, and internal functional groups.
- Comfortable working daily in manufacturing shop floor environment
- Prior experience with AutoCAD or other drafting software
- Prior experience with Excel, Matlab, or other calculation-enabling programs.
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Simpsonville, South Carolina, United States
- Position Type