Account ManagerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Account Manager is responsible for developing Packaging and Converting businesses in the South Region of Brazil, being responsible for direct accounts as well as managing the local agents of this region.
- Customer Focus
- Change and Risk-Taking
- Performance Excellence
- Value Selling
SALES COMPETENCIES & BEHAVIORS
- Negotiates more complex situations within and outside of the organization. Thoughtfully develops creative solutions that satisfy all parties.
- A solid understanding of business, financials, products/services/technologies, the industry, the OEM´s, raw materials, co-suppliers, direct and indirect channels, the market and the needs of assigned accounts; may help to develop colleagues' understanding of business and other development needs.
- Comfortably presents to a broad and diverse group, maintaining group focus and appropriately responds to unrehearsed questions. Progresses agenda.
Questioning / Listening:
- Actively listens to others; asks appropriate questions indicating interest in customers business with broad knowledge of the subject; focuses without interruption; evaluates verbal statements and nonverbal behavior to gain insight; responds appropriately in a non-judgmental manner.
- Delivers accurate, clear, and concise messages. Presents an open persona that encourages even the most reluctant person to express his/her views. Demonstrates the ability to recognize when others are having difficulty understanding his/her messages and adapts style appropriately. Builds relationship with multilevel in customers´ organization in order to grant fully understanding of current and future needs.
- Applies effective techniques, promptly establishes connection with key contacts at new prospects with relevant messaging, assesses needs / interest and prioritizes in own pipeline activity.
- Seeks to work with teams. Encourages people with opposing viewpoints to express their thoughts. Assumes accountability for team goals.
Technical knowledge of products & services:
- Applies problem-solving skills using technical knowledge, and is able to independently, technically support customers. Supports R&D in defining the adequate product portfolio, which enables profitable business growth.
Sales Process & Sales Tools:
- Creates advantage through deep understanding of customer needs and accelerates sales process by selecting the right opportunities.
Trends in market & Industry:
- Has a broad understanding of markets and industry, and frequently weaves knowledge into conversations with customers.
- Is able to optimize offer for the customer and HBF by creatively using supply chain knowledge.
Equipment & application process:
- Able to recommend basic improvements to customers' processes.
- Has broad working knowledge of multiple substrates with advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Consistently applies pricing strategy to achieve margin goals
- Has broad understanding of all key business concepts.
- Ability to train & mentor entry / new sales roles, Sales Agents and Distributors
- Demonstrates an ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Technically competent and independently able to manage demonstrations, technical problem-solving and product selection
- focused on growth (larger opportunities), and optimizing price and profitability
- Accountable for delivering results.
DEGREE ON SUPERVISION
- Low degree of supervisory contact.
- Required Experience
- 5 to 7+ years of relevant sales experience, related to the Packaging industry and B2B experience and related degree required.
- Job Location
- Sorocaba, São Paulo, Brazil
- Position Type