Accountant ; South Bend, INApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Location: South Bend, IN
This position is part of the H.B. Fuller accounting/finance team and directly supports the businesses of Royal Adhesives which was a company acquired by H.B. Fuller in 2017. This business unit has annual revenue in excess of $650 million. The position will directly support all North American locations of Royal Adhesives, now H.B. Fuller, with primary responsibility for month end close, account analysis and reconciliation, and general financial compliance.
- Monthly responsibility for month-end close, including journal entries, supporting documentation, preparing supporting financial schedules, reviewing general ledger activity.
- Responsible for account reconciliations, including summarizing general ledger activity, documenting and maintaining supporting documentation, analyzing balances, and identifying and correcting unreconciled differences. Ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- Monthly reporting and financial analysis as required, using Oracle Hyperion Financial Management and the ERP system.
- Responsible for compliance to SOX procedures and supporting corporate SOX initiatives-contribute to process documentation
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual surveys and returns for local, state and federal government agencies
- Suggest opportunities for continuous improvement of this functional area to allow faster response and a deeper level of analysis
- This function is a key information collaborator with other functions in the business and with the corporate office
- Utilize, assist in development and administer advanced delivery tools for reporting and information.
- Creates ad hoc reports as requested by commercial leaders, business partners and internal customers.
- This position will be called on fulfill project roles to support the business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance required
- 3+ years’ experience in a complex industrial manufacturing environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong knowledge and experience with complex ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle HFM, Adage or similar)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong data mining abilities across various platforms
- PowerPoint skills
- Good organizational and project management skills, with flexibility to accommodate shifting priorities
- Positive and enthusiastic team player
- Ability to deliver high quality results under very strict reporting deadlines
- Demonstrated history of creative problem-solving
- Exceptional ability to work cross functionally
- Fluent in English
- Limited travel expected (5%)
- Preferred Qualifications include Master’s degree, MBA, CMA, or CPA; and expert HFM user.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. This position may also qualify for medical reimbursement depending on the employee’s annual base salary. If qualified, H.B. Fuller will pay up to 100% of the employee’s medical premium. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Required Skills
- Job Location
- South Bend, United States
- Position Type