Accounting Assistant - Accounts PayableApply NowApply Later
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Location: South Bend, IN
The Accounting Assistant- Accounts Payable position directly supports 9 North America locations of H.B. Fuller, formerly Royal Adhesives manufacturing sites, which have annual revenue in excess of $650 million. The primary responsibilities will be clerical accounting/accounts payable/administrative support for the Finance teams in the South Bend, Indiana facility.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process Accounts Payable invoices by coding correct vendor number, account number, verifying payment authorization via either purchase order number or approval signature, and correctly enter data into the accounts payable system. (Always within SOX guidelines.)
- Research and resolve A/P issues with vendors and the business units.
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable and Procurement processes, as well as basic Sales and Use Tax.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service to vendors and internal H.B. Fuller employees utilizing the department’s services.
- Routinely and accurately perform back-up responsibilities within A/P team in South Bend.
- Monitor incoming messages for shared e-mail boxes; respond, print, and/or distribute information as appropriate. Examples of messages include vendor invoices, customer requests for statements, general inquiries.
- Maintain electronic and manual filing systems; will include routine and project-based tasks.
- Process incoming / outgoing mail daily.
- Scan incoming mail, including invoices for A/P processing.
- Collect and report data from multiple sources for tracking internal performance metrics. Examples may include number of vendor invoices processed, past due customer balances, processing and response time, etc.
- High school diploma + 2 years Accounts Payable experience or Associates degree in business, finance, or accounting + 2 years general experience in finance or accounting (international experience a plus)
- Experience in fast paced, multi-location setting preferred.
- Proven ability to interact with employees, internal customers, and external customers; including strong listening skills.
- Intermediate or better proficiency using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and logical thought processes, with the ability to identify and resolve simple issues / problems.
- Self-motivated and energetic, with a strong work ethic
- Ability to organize, schedule, and prioritize individual work to meet schedules and objectives
- Must be able to successfully perform multiple tasks with strict deadlines
- High degree of flexibility
- Self-starter with desire for continuous improvement
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. This position may also qualify for medical reimbursement depending on the employee’s annual base salary. If qualified, H.B. Fuller will pay up to 100% of the employee’s medical premium. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
This position is required to stand for long periods of time, walk, climb stairs, use hands to remove or lift boxes, stretch and reach with arms extended and stoop. Employees regularly lift up to 50 pounds and up to 100 pounds with assistance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.