Accounting Assistant IIIApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Accounting Assistant III
South Bend, IN
This position directly supports the businesses of Royal Adhesives, which have annual revenue in excess of $650 million. The position will directly support all North American locations of Royal Adhesives, with primary responsibility for accounts receivable (AR) processing, including cash applications, credit and collections, and maintenance of AR processes and controls.
- Maintain and control complete customer files with all required documentation.
- Apply cash receipts within customer accounts; reconcile cash applied to daily bank statements.
- Process credit card payments as authorized by customers.
- Send invoices / statements to customers; upload invoices online for select customers.
- Review / analyze AR aging reports.
- Initiate collections on past due accounts, including verbal and written communications with customers.
- Assist in calculation of bad debt reserve.
- Maintain internal control structure; process and document tasks in accordance with company policies and procedures, ensuring all transactions are in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform account analysis and other duties as assigned.
- 1) Non-Degreed + 6 years general experience in finance or accounting or 2) Associates degree in business, finance, or accounting + 4 years general experience in finance or accounting. (International experience a plus.)
- Proven ability to interact with employees, internal customers, and external customers; including strong listening skills.
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills
- Advanced analytical skills and logical thought processes, with the ability to identify and resolve complex issues / problems.
- Ability to organize, schedule, and prioritize individual work to meet various schedules, objectives and strict deadlines.
- Strong business systems knowledge. Preferably SAP and/or Adage.
- Excellent communication skills to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- High degree of flexibility (multi-task) and ability to work well under deadlines and pressures.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with high degree of discretion and independent judgment.
- Positive and enthusiastic team player dedicated to the achievement of department and corporate goals.
- Availability to work overtime as needed.
- Exhibit a willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- South Bend, United States
- Position Type