Buyer / SchedulerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Location: South Bend, IN
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges. We are seeking an experienced Buyer / Scheduler or Facility Scheduler / Material Requirements Planner (MRP) to schedule production through all phases of the process and for supporting procurement requirements.
- Proactively manages inventory to ensure the plant is supplied with optimal inventory levels of raw materials and end product packaging.
- Ensure all production requirements are converted into released process orders in the ERP system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for monitoring production requirements and communicating with appropriate departments to ensure availability of on-hand supply.
- Coordinating with the Master Planner to ensure products are manufactured based on priorities and in the most efficient manner and sequence and on the appropriate lines.
- Manage work-in-process inventory levels to the most efficient level (rework and heel).
- Work with the S&OP Master Planner to meet or exceed assigned facility (s) KPI’s in particular with respect to schedule attainment, inventory profile and SIFOT.
- Effective management of business processes with discipline, speed, execution and accountability to continually improve the material requirements planning process.
- Works closely with the sourcing team and master planner, to ensure constant and consistent material flow through the manufacturing process.
- Planner proactively analyzes and recommends inventory replenishment strategies, inventory policies, and safety stock strategies based on market demands and business goals.
- Working with responsible Buyer, incorporates global commodity strategies developed by the Strategic Sourcing Manager in charge of that particular commodity. That includes vendor/product mix to support the strategy and coordination of potential pre-buys or stock builds dependent on the current supply situation for a specific raw material.
- Become functionally capable to serve as back-up to Buyers during their absence.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 6+years related experience in a manufacturing or scheduling role
- 3+ years’ experience utilizing scheduling processes in SAP, familiarity with SOP processes, MRP strategies and replenishment strategies.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Job Location
- South Bend, Indiana, United States
- Position Type