Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) InternApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Intern
South Bend, IN
This intern will work closely with their assigned facility manager. He/She will have responsibility to develop and lead specific project(s). The ability to collaborate, to identify and solve problems, and to communicate within a site operations team is highly valued. The intern will ultimately be responsible for a final report and presentation to project and management stakeholders.
This internship will be 40 hours per week.
The primary focus of this role is to support the H.B. Fuller Environmental, Health & Safety Department in the development and growth of the systems and training functions. This may include but not be limited to the following:
- Work directly with Production Operators on the manufacturing floor to drive process and practice improvements.
- Learn the basic processes for the operations to provide effective support.
- Assist with the development and implementation of various existing and new strategies including programs, processes and assisting in specific EHS training programs.
- Assist in reviewing and updating existing EHS materials delivered internally within the organization.
- Assist in documenting business processes utilized to manage EHS within the organization and in documenting accountabilities and responsibilities for the same.
- Other technical and general duties as required and requested in support of the site EHS department.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Health and Safety, Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering to be completed between December 2020 – June 2022
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to solve problems independently.
- Well practiced organizational skills and ability to plan and meet deadlines.
- Completed a lab course or coursework (in EHS, chemistry, chemical engineering, material science, or polymer science).
- Experience with adhesives or sealants.
- Applied project management and new product development experience.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- South Bend, Indiana, United States
- Position Type