Lab Technician IIApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
South Bend, IN
Lab Technician II
Reporting to the R&D Manager, the Lab Technician is responsible for the formulation, characterization, & performance testing of various adhesives for both short-term & long-term internal development projects and customer-specific requests. This is a hands-on, lab bench work position.
- Perform both quantitative & qualitative analyses to determine adhesive properties & performance
- Learn to use lab equipment, adhesive application & substrate preparation equipment
- Perform various tests and procedures with competency
- Must be a fast learner so that he/she becomes proficient in various formulating & testing methodologies used for characterizing adhesives for different applications and markets, within a short period of time
- The Technician shall fulfill responsibilities as required by the Quality System, Safety and SOPs for the site, laboratory and technical center.
- Needs a high school diploma or equivalent.
- To be considered you must have a combination of 2+ years of experience of college chemistry (15 quarter credits = 1 year), AND/OR years of Industrial Laboratory experience, the sum of which totals at least 2 years
- Must possess excellent observational skills and be able to record and report them effectively (proficient in Microsoft Office especially in Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
- Show continued scientific curiosity, enthusiasm, and initiative to learn new tasks
- Communicate well verbally and in writing
- Work without or with minimum continuous supervision
- Knowledge of adhesive lab testing procedures
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work without continuous supervision
- Able to set priorities, even in difficult situations
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- South Bend, United States
- Position Type