Manager/Master Planner IIApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
H.B. Fuller is seeking an experienced Master Planner/Manager reporting to the Global Process Lead ITF. This role will be accountable to meet the defined inventory and service level targets for specific technologies. This will be achieved via a scope of work which will include leading and coordinating South Bend Supply Chain activities, providing working plans for the site including Rough Cut Capacity Plan and Master Scheduling, and balancing production and inventory levels with demand to support targets consistent with business strategy, service levels, inventory days of supply, and capacity utilization. The Master Planner plays a pivotal coordinating role between the commercial and operations organizations.
This role will develop a 3-24 month rolling aggregate master plan and 0-3 month weekly master schedules, and will be responsible for communicating and reviewing with production plants to ensure alignment and taking any necessary actions to balance supply and demand. The Master Planner will manage a team of Asset Schedulers (production planning) and MRP Planners (purchasing) and provide them with detailed direction in the accomplishment of tasks to deliver the agreed supply plan. The Master Planner will have overall SIOP responsibility for the South Bend plant and others in the future as defined by the business.
Medium to Long-Term Planning
- Medium and long-term capacity planning to ensure plants are able to meet planned demand and meet key inventory and service level KPIs
- Optimize output of manufacturing assets in line with plant capabilities and demand requirements – this includes balancing of assets within a plant, between plants, or working with the Contract Manufacturing locations to leverage external supply where appropriate.
- Ensure all planning parameters within the ERP system (Adage, SAP, etc) are reviewed and updated regularly to align with our inventory and service level goals
- Create monthly SIOP plan by plant/asset outlining forecast demand/supply balance and anticipated inventory while reviewing previous months’ performance
- Lead monthly reviews of the SIOP plan with each plant providing clear guidance on expected volumes and capacity loading:
- Identify and communicate real or potential capacity and material supply chain issues; initiate corrective actions, coordinate across functions and follow up to resolution
- Drive clear agreement and sign-off on the supply plan with the manufacturing facility
- Review/monitors execution to plan and assure available inventory is located appropriately and take necessary actions where actual performance deviates from the plan
- Works with the entire plant/supply chain team to support preparation of the executive SIOP review.
- Ownership of Inventory (Finished Goods, Raw Materials, Packaging, and WIP) for Specialty materials. Establish and maintain safety stock and inventory balances appropriate to meet production requirements, whilst optimizing use of working capital.
- Regular review of ‘Make-to-Stock’ Inventory Levels to ensure inventory is at the target level to support target service level
- Initiate and determine disposition of excess, obsolete and slow-moving inventories in coordination with manufacturing sites and commercial teams to minimize impact to NAA of excess working capital or inventory write-offs.
Short-Term Communication and Decision Making
- Resolve any materials management issues causing deviations from inventory and service level targets
- Regular review of backorders, taking necessary actions to minimize backlog and maximize service levels
- Provides clear communication to operations and to commercial team when issues arise and responsible for coordination and communication of actions to resolve –acts as ‘the hub in the wheel’ and sets as priorities as necessary
- Maintains and communicates a valid time-phased weekly master schedule
- Collaboration with Demand Planner to ensure timely communication of demand changes, translating the changes to its impact on the supply plan
- Facilitate daily/weekly/monthly meetings with all stakeholders
- Manages plant schedulers and MRP resources for product family (2 -7 direct reports)
- Works with team to ensure that all process and purchase orders are fulfilled. Ensure that corporate standards in Supply Chain are maintained and improved.
- Daily management and development of team including management of PTO coverage in conjunction with other Master Planners
- Define and drive continuous improvement in supply planning process and policy
- Manages or is a team member of ad-hoc projects in cooperation with Operations and Commercial – these can include product transfers within or between plants, raw material substitutions, or new product introduction
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-7 years’ experience in Supply Chain Planning/scheduling or similar
- 3 years’ experience in managing and developing direct reports
- In depth working knowledge of Supply Chain Operations
- APICS CPIM certification preferred
- Fully conversant in Supply Chain ERP (SAP, Adage) systems
- Demonstrable abilities in change management, project leadership, and team work
- Excellent communication skills within all levels of the organization and ability to lead meetings both via phone and in person
- Able to work under pressure and deadlines
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to take ownership of a project & make timely informed decisions
- Occasional business travel may be required
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Job Location
- South Bend, Indiana, United States
- Position Type