Process Engineer - ChemicalsApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Location: South Bend, IN
The Process Engineer will be responsible for technical process support and driving manufacturing productivity by improving process efficiencies, reducing wastes, improving quality and increasing capacities.
- Drive / Lead Process improvement projects related to productivity efficiencies, reducing waste, improving quality and safety improvement. Accomplish utilizing financial & statistical analysis and lean techniques.
- Assist in adjustments of off-spec. material and provide technical advice on formulations. Overall goal is to reduce to 1 adjustment or less per batch.
- Provide recommendations for formulation and mix procedure improvement to reduce waste and improve efficiencies.
- Coordinate trials and assist with new equipment startup.
- Assist / lead customer concerns and reducing product defects /non-conformance's.
- Development of standardized work procedures and provide necessary training.
- Prepare various reports documenting trial results, monthly activities, etc.
- Additional Skills - Project Management Skills, Team Oriented and data driven.
- Standard day shift position with ability to work off-shifts as needed by project requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in specialty chemicals, adhesives or related technology
- Lean experience preferred
- Experience with process improvement and technical problem solving.
- Familiar with mixing & packaging equipment, filters and control systems.
- Familiar with statistical methods of analysis and trouble shooting.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills for internal and external interaction
- Ability to independently manage projects to successful completion
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Job Location
- South Bend, Indiana, United States
- Position Type