Process Engineer -PSMApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Royal Adhesives & Sealants is now an H.B. Fuller Company! H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
PSM EHS Process Engineer
South Bend, IN
Experienced EHS PSM Project Engineer from Chemical or Plastics Industry
The Process Engineer - PSM reports to the site Plant Manager and has the primary responsibility to help achieve a significant and sustained improvement in process safety performance the H.B. Fuller plant location. The scope of this position will be to execute critical work processes that effectively reduce process safety risks and supports general process safety activities.
This position will be responsible for implementation of fully effective PSM programs activities at the site that will include: implementing and maintaining the processes for the 14 PSM elements, managing the completion of PHA recommendations, acting as the site MOC manager. The PSM engineer will also be involved with facilitating process hazard analyses (PHA’s), performing PSM compliance audits, and working with the corporate PSM function to help standardize PSM program elements across the company. This position will also support other process engineering tasks such as:
- Provides support to senior process engineers, operations, and R&D personnel in product scale-ups, process improvement, and technology development.
- Internally consults with plant engineering to troubleshoot production problems; assists in designing and start-up of new processes.
- Assists in specifying new process equipment.
The principal accountabilities of the position are to function as a key resource for the application of technical standards for process safety management. This position will implement global process safety work processes at the facility and will identify and address gaps for existing PSM covered processes.
Employees receive full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field; chemical engineering from an accredited college/university preferred.
- 8 + of experience in a chemical process improvement role with 5 years of applied PSM.
- 5 + years of experience with a broad appreciation and understanding of Chemical Unit Operations
- The candidate must have experience with applying and/or developing programs for the following elements:
- RAGAGEP (recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices)§
- 5 + years of experience with:
- Process Safety Management; including thorough understanding of OSHA PSM§
- RMP (risk management program) or equivalent European standards (EN: CEN; CENELEC; ESTI)
- PHA (process hazards analysis), including experience leading or facilitating a PHA§
- PSSR (pre-start-up safety review)§
- PSI (process safety information) or equivalent European experience in implementing SEVESO II (COMAH) and ATEX
- 5 + years of experience of regulatory requirements, engineering standards, EHS regulations, and process safety management best practices. Experience working with regulatory agencies
- 5 + years of experience leading detailed event investigations using an established root cause technique
- 5 + years of experience in developing and following yearly technical and business strategic plans and executing process improvement objectives aligned with those plans.
- Travel requirements of 5%.
- Professional Engineering licensure preferred.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- South Bend, Indiana, United States
- Position Type