Production Supervisor - Nights
South Bend, Indiana;Apply NowApply Later
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
H.B. Fuller’s Engineering Adhesives segment develops adhesive solutions for the automotive and aerospace, wood and composite, electronics and energy, glass, durable assembly, and bus, truck, rail and recreational vehicle industries. As these dynamic markets continue to change, and consumers demand lighter, safer, greener and more reliable products, we partner with our customers to deliver highly engineered solutions.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for managing daily shift operations and all direct staff and ensures that production goals and deadlines are met in accordance with established safety, quality, and production standards while promoting the achievement of plant goals and objectives in the spirit of continuous improvement. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager.
South Bend, IN
Night Shift - 6 PM - 6 AM
Works 2 weekends a month
- Accomplishes manufacturing results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results, and coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing organization standards and policies.
- Responsible for reporting production numbers, downtime, up-dating work assignments, production schedules, and maintaining multiple log books.
- Assists operators with daily production problems and issues.
- Collaborates with HR on the documentation of employee performance including attendance, coaching and discipline as well as recognition of exceptional performance.
- Maintains working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Identifies safety, health, and environmental concerns and provides suggestions for improvement.
- Facilitates continuous improvement initiatives.
- Plays a key role in the Sales and Operations Planning process.
- Drives operations to improve on-time delivery to customers.
- Assists the Plant Manager in setting expectations.
- Effectively interacts with support staff, department heads, and senior management.
- Performs safety, housekeeping, and performance audits.
- Completes accurate and complete shift handoff to on coming supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree OR a High School diploma (or equivalent) and 4 or more years' management experience in manufacturing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter, organized, and service-minded.
- Able to cope with a wide range of situations.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods and procedures with understanding of production controls and supply management.
- Proficiency in computer transactions, data capture, analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated attention-to-detail, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Preferred experience working in a Union Shop.
- Must be able to work all shifts and overtime as required.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.