Production SupervisorApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Production Supervisor is responsible for managing daily shift operations and all direct staff. Ensures that production goals and deadlines are met in accordance with established safety, quality, and production standards, while promoting the achievement of plant goals and objectives in the spirit of continuous improvement. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager.
- Accomplishes manufacturing results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing organization standards and policies.
- Responsible for reporting production numbers, downtime, up-dating work assignments, production schedules, and maintaining multiple log books.
- Assists operators with daily production problems and issues.
- Collaborate with HR on the documentation of employee performance including attendance, coaching and discipline as well as recognition of exceptional performance.
- Maintains working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Identify safety, health, and environmental concerns and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Facilitate continuous improvement initiatives.
- Plays a key role in the Sales and Operations Planning process.
- Drive operations to improve on-time delivery to customers.
- Assist the Plant Manager in setting expectations.
- Effectively interact with support staff, department heads, and senior management.
- Performs safety, housekeeping and performance audits.
- Completes accurate and complete shift handoff to on coming supervisor.
- Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or a High School degree (or equivalent) with 4 or more year’s Supervisory experience in Manufacturing, or a combination of experience and education.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter, organized, and service-minded. Able to cope with a wide range of situations.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods and procedures with understanding of production controls and supply management.
- Proficiency in computer transactions, data capture, analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrate attention-to-detail, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Preferred experience working in a Union Shop.
- Must be able to work all shift and overtime.
- Ability to work any shift and needed overtime.
- Job Location
- South Bend, United States
- Position Type
- 50,000.00 - 60,000.00 USD