Quality Control ManagerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Location: South Bend, IN
Experienced Quality Control Manager from Chemical or Adhesives Industry
The Quality Manager leads and manages the Quality Control (QC) and Quality Management system and staff to assure timely quality product. The QC Manager plans and coordinates activities of the QC lab and is accountable for timely and accurate test reports and product disposition. The QC Manager coordinates and leads all quality related audits. He or she will work with general methods and procedures and exercises considerable independent judgement to adapt and apply the guidelines to specific situations. The work requires knowledge of the policies, procedures, and regulations of quality control work.
- Lead Quality Culture at site and ensure all Quality processes are understood and followed.
- Lead, coach, mentor, and train the quality team to ensure high productivity & technical integrity.
- Promote the achievement of corporate and plant goals and objectives within assigned team.
- Lead activities to improve Quality system so site certifications are maintained or reached and customer requirements are met.
- Evaluate the product Quality and production performance with statistical tools and propose, coordinate actions with R&D to improve product capability
- Troubleshoot quality problems, support production to address issues with timely corrective actions (6-Sigma, 8-D-analysis also).
- Manage the unsaleable stock, organize timely decision with R&D support
- Lead the customer complaints reduction for the plant
- Maintain control of all RAS internal and customer specifications
- Formulate, document and maintain quality standards and on-going quality objectives.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Provide and oversee inspection activity for products throughout production cycle.
- Design, develop and implement QC training programs. Optimize overall staffing skills and levels.
- Initiate quality procedures/documentation control for all new products and external contract vendors
- Support new product introduction / scale-up and new raw material acquisition, as well as product transfers from or to other sites.
- Management of Change gate keeper
- Lead Supplier Complaint Management for the site, will ask & get support from Sourcing as per criticality, and if required may do supplier audits
- Participate, support to lessons learned and collaboration between sites
- Contribute to the identification and reduction of non-productive inventories
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry or Engineering
- Minimum 5-10+ years of quality experience in specialty chemicals, adhesives or related technology
- Knowledgeable in Quality Management processes and Standards (ISO9001, 14001 & Aerospace standards)
- Good team worker with high communication skills, ability to enthuse others and drive demanding projects
- Good computer skills, MS Office and MS Project
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast moving environment.
- Ability to lead QC lab personnel and effectively communicate across all plant functions
- Effective written and verbal communication skills for internal and external interaction
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage projects to successful completion
- Strong customer focus, collaboration and problem solving/analytical.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Job Location
- South Bend, Indiana, United States
- Position Type