Reactive Polymers ChemistApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Royal Adhesives & Sealants is now an H.B. Fuller Company! H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
South Bend, IN
Research and Development Reactive Polymers Chemist
The R&D Reactive Polymers Chemist is responsible for the development of new products with additional duties related to making optimizations, improvements and cost-reductions to existing products and processes. This individual must apply knowledge of wide varieties of chemicals and raw materials and understand their interactions to create polymer products intended for very diverse end uses.
- Utilize raw materials knowledge and experience to develop or create novel products that fit an intended function or end-use as defined by the customer through a Technical Service Request (TSR) system.
- Test raw materials and finished products. Record and provide interpretation of results.
- Establish written product manufacturing procedures and techniques. Interface and provide guidance to manufacturing personnel.
- Establish and maintain product and raw materials Quality Control parameters and specifications. Interface and provide guidance to Quality Control personnel.
- Interface directly with sales force and/or end-user to identify product needs and determine if existing products may be suitable or new development is required.
- Troubleshoot, modify and improve existing formulations to remedy problems or inadequacies.
- Investigate in-field product failures to determine source of problems. Recommend product or process/manufacturing improvements or alternative products as necessary.
- Prepare and test sample batches and pilot/scale-up batches for customer evaluation.
- Create written reports for completed technical service requests (TSR) as needed to include technical datasheets (TDS), or product application guides.
- Maintain accurate records of prototype formulations, their changes and applicable test results.
- Follow established ISO procedures and make recommendations for revision where needed.
- Identify potential EH&S. concerns for current and future products and remedy whenever possible.
- Maintain clean and safe work areas with focus on continuous improvement.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
- Bachelors in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering (or other related technical field).
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong background and direct experience in 1k and 2k solvent-free Epoxy, Polyurethane reaction polymer product development.
- Excellent hands-on problem-solving skills.
- Prior first-hand experience with production-scale and laboratory-scale equipment.
- Very effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with operation and maintenance of related equipment and instrumentation.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- South Bend, Indiana, United States
- Position Type