Research and Development InternApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Research and Development Intern
South Bend, IN
Interns will work closely with their assigned managers in the South Bend facility. They will develop and lead a specific project that assists in the development of new products by creating lab samples of new products, setting up and developing test protocol to evaluate new and existing products, evaluating new raw materials as secondary sources, and assist manufacturing in trouble shooting processing issues. The ability to collaborate, to identify and solve problems, and to communicate within a global cross-functional team is highly valued. The intern will ultimately be responsible for a final report and presentation to project and management stakeholders.
This internship will be 40 hours per week.
This individual will be responsible for a specific project dependent on market and business needs. As part of this work, the intern will be involved in a variety of activities including:
- Complete basic projects independently and draw conclusions with guidance
- Reproduce and articulate results and their meaning through spreadsheets, reports and presentations
- Interact and contribute to a multifunctional team on a regular basis
- Apply and interpret standard scientific theories, concepts and techniques
- Comply with safe laboratory practices and assist in the compliance with all safety and environmental rules, regulations and procedures
- Past projects have included:
- Characterizing different adhesives, and prepare technical data sheets which will allow our sales department to quantitatively show what our adhesives can do and allow customers to compare our offerings.
- Comparing and optimizing analytical analysis techniques with GC/MS, NMR, and GPC.
- Studying the effects of various waxes on olefin construction adhesive properties and performance.
- Assessing major characteristics and properties of the flexible packaging adhesives available at H.B. Fuller, and analyzing the results to find correlations and determine holes or overlaps in our current product line and provide important data for our lab and sales team.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Polymer Science, or Material Science to be completed between December 2020 – August 2022
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Well practiced organizational skills and ability to plan and meet deadlines
- Completed a lab course or coursework (in chemistry, chemical engineering, material science, or polymer science)
- Experience with adhesives or sealants
- Applied project management and new product development experience
- Experience operating analytical instruments
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status
- Job Location
- South Bend, Indiana, United States
- Position Type